1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wretched

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ktn4eg, Apr 29, 2011.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Do any of you know anything about the TV program "Wretched TV" that is hosted by Todd Friel?

I happened to come across it on the Family Net cable channel.

(My first impression was that Todd Friel comes off like an "evangelical Glenn Beck.")

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I like "Wretched." Todd Friel has a somewhat sardonic style, but I have found him to be Biblically solid.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I love Todd, he is very solid biblically and yes he is a little goofy, but I think it is refeshing since most of the goofiness usually comes from the liberal camp. I pray and hope he reaches many young people. I just wish I could still recieve the show on Dish.

4. ForYourGlory

ForYourGlory Member

5. ForYourGlory

ForYourGlory Member

I also have purchased a few of there DVDS like.......Herman Who?, On The Shoulders of Giants, and What Hath Darwin Wrought? Based on Hermeneutics, What the reformers would say today, and Darwinian thinking and evolution.

#5 ForYourGlory, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  6. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't have a TV so I've never seen the TV version of the show, but I listen to the radio version every day.

Todd has shared my testimony on the air and we used to talk by email all the time before he got famous. Now, he's got so many people trying to get his attention that he doesn't have to correspond with everybody anymore.

I post on the chat room about once a week and posted on the message boards when they were still active. Both Tonys (Tony V and Tony the Lawman stop by. So does James, aka "The Adult") are somewhat active on the chat room.

It's a good show. Funny you should say that he sounds like Glenn Beck. The first time I ever heard Wretched, back when it was still Way of the Master Radio, I had just gotten Sirius radio and came across the show by accident. I was working on my boat and I thought, "that's really odd that Glenn Beck would be on the radio this time of day". It was because he sounded so much like Glenn Beck that I stopped to listen.

My top five Wretched moments:

1. The day Todd was doing a comedy bit with excerpts from a taped Johnny Mac sermon, and Tony arranged for Johnny Mac to be live on the air, unbeknownst to Todd.

2. The day Tony almost got arrested for open air preaching and had to explain the law to the police.

3. The day Voddie Baucham, who had apparently never heard the show and didn't know that they use a lot of humor, called in and got really offended because he thought they were making fun of him.

4. The incident at the Minnesota State Fair circa 2002-2003, with "Phyllis", who started screaming and cussing at him. Todd's reaction: "I'm going to go get a corndog while you calm down."

5. Todd's constant befuddlement at Southerners and Southern culture.

6. The day they discussed the "Truth Trucks" and played all of the hateful voice mails they got on the air.

#6 JohnDeereFan, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011