1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrong Take On Romans 12:3c

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

yet it does not

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes it does not...what?

3. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

YET...when you go out to share Gods Word you know ...you see 1st hand that No one has shared before. Then it hits you...I shared with these folks....but who will never hear? Some died the week before I shared. You are blessed Webdog to be born in a nation with Churches. You cannot claim all others have this blessing.

In Christ...James

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't believe anyone. I believe everyone at some point will have the opportunity to accept Christ. You cannot be condemned with not accepting Him if the option of accepting Him is not given. God is just.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ephesians, chapter 2
    8": For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2Ti 1:5When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

I am what I am by the Grace of God J. D. Without Him, I am nothing. When He created man in His Sovereignity He created man so complex that he had the ability to choose good or evil and by Him creating man that way it did not take away from His Sovereignity.

Now faith according to the Scripture comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Here is the clincher,
    The Grace of God which bringeth Salvation hath appeared unto all men teaching them to deny ungodliness and worldly lust etc.
    Also, They shall know me from the least unto the greatest. So, God hath made Himself known unto all men and so has the devil. There is a Spirit in man, the inspiration of God almighty that giveth him understanding.
    We can't say we have nothing of ourselves for we are God's creation but He created us in a way that He gave us a choice to either choose Him or choose the devil.

Does God have to save us? Well, God cannot lie and He said come unto me all ye ends of the earth and be ye saved. So, I guess if we do our part He certainly will do His.

To believe is a little more than just "believing". Preach the Gospel to every creature and He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved. What I believe is that you first must believe and repent of your sins and be baptized in order to be saved. In other words "you must be born again", and that is to be raised from a dead state of sin unto a lively Hope in Jesus Christ.

#25 Brother Bob, Aug 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  6. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

God is just in condemning those that have, of their own will, disobeyed the law of God (and that includes gentiles and "native" tribes of the world".

God is merciful in providing some worthless sinners with the infusion of His Spirit, giving new life and enlightening the hearts of His children with the glorious Gospel of Christ.

7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Then you are wrong. You need to go to a mission field and see 1st hand. There is not need to condemned for not hearing..the unsaved is condemned already. Many before Christ came died...and never heard. Go to Mex and see the Aztecs. These people lived and died and never heard about the ture God. The is no sign of Christ anywhere. Face it...some do not know now. Some have died and never know.

God does as He pleases.

And...God can hold us to blaim...for we know and do not share. Yes...even if God has not given as many blessing to others. God can use anything, but manily uses the Church to get the good news out.

#27 Jarthur001, Aug 22, 2006
  8. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

So, your answer is, "Yes, if I present MY faith to God, He is OBLIGATED to save me."

If you believe one must be baptized in order to be saved, then resign your church and join the Campbellites. They love the idea of being justified by their good works.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Then the Bible is telling false.
    He said the Grace of God hath appeared unto all men.
    He said they shall know me from the least unto the Greatest
    He said there is a Spirit in man the inspiration of God Almighty that giveth him understanding.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You do err by forgetting the baptism of the Holy Ghost.

God can do what He wants but I take Him at His word. How about you?

Unless we believe someone has received the Holy Ghost baptism we don't receive them into our church.

Faith get me to Grace and Grace saves me.

#30 Brother Bob, Aug 22, 2006
  11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

God has indeed appeard that all mankind from any nation, jew or non jew...fat or skinny...great...not so great...can be saved.

But..not all has heard..now have they?

This should be easy for any to see

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

We been through this once and unless I got you mixed up with the Theologian you said some angels may have been there?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If they have never heard the "law of God", as James says all men have not, they cannot be condemned of being disobedient.

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Again, these are all of your assumptions. You cannot prove that prior to death, a person has not heard the Gospel.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's not what the Bible says. It says ALL men. I know you calvinists hate the word all men, but it is what it is.

16. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I love the word "all" because if it wasn't there, then I would have to be a Jew to be saved.

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Ok,

Please help me to understand this. Lets say that all do hear before they die. I'm not agreeing with this idea, I just want you play your point out.

Joe heard one time.

Sam heard 1000 times a year for 10 years with many people praying for him, and giving him tracks, and giving him CDs, and seeing just a bit of the gospel as he flipped though TV. Sam had 5 people come to His door last year alone, asking if he knew of the Lord.

How is it that you think Joe and Sam have the same grace given to each of them?

This is in salvation alone.

Now Mary. Mary can not walk, for she was born with no legs.

Sally won the gold, for she was the fasterst lady in the nation.

Does God give the same grace to both? Did Mary asked to have no legs, or did God make her that way? In the end, does not God get the glory for Mary, just as he does for Sally? Who is in control of life?

Now back to your statement...
    Please help me to understand why you think we all have the same understanding giving to us?
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=841581&postcount=19

I happen to know this is just not the case. People do die and never hear. I have met families that have told me of other families telling them of dads and mothers, brothers, and friends...who died before someone came to their town. Don't take my word for it...lets talk to David Livingstone...the 1st to place foot in Africa

David Livingstone
    The Pathfinder of Africa
    by Eugene Myers Harrison

In Christ...James

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Is it important how many times you hear...or how many times you respond (one)?
    Your now dealing with the results of sin and not grace.
    How? Are you blessed with some super knowledge the rest of us don't have?
    I
    The bold is enough for me. "A family of a family said...".

And what knowledge does David Livingstone have? If he states he know for a fact that all people have not heard the Gospel prior to dying, he's a liar. We can't know this.

19. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Must I repeatedly have to take scripture out of context to answer your questions?

Rom 2:14For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Now do I have to explain what this means?

Did the child in the African Jungle ever disobey his parents? And did not those parents have a law which he disobeyed? And did not this disobedience require a fitting punishment? And didn't the breaking of that law bear down on the conscience of the law breaker? And isn't that transgression of law called "sin" in the English language?

BTW I believe what James is saying is that not all have the Gospel to which I heartily agree.

#39 J.D., Aug 22, 2006
  20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Rom 5:13 In fact, sin was in the world before the law, but sin is not charged to one's account when there is no law.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.