1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrong Take On Romans 12:3c

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rippon, Aug 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

No super understanding on my part. It is very easy to understand.
    All I would need to know of is one. I happen to know more of that one. David Livingstone is the same way. He did not make a statement that I know of ALL people. Who said all? David said he knew that some had never heard. HE KNOW IT..for he was there. I ask you again...have you been to see on your own? If so..you also would know this.

You seem to want to fit this part into your doctrine. I see no need to keep saying it over and over. I know for I have met thos that know. Others know, for they have seen 1st hand. You do not, for you want things to match your doctrine. This is not deep. Read a missions book. Its still going on today.

I'm have by brother-in-law who just joined the BB tell of his sons stories. His son has spent a few months preaching in another land. People come to know God though the preaching of Gods Word...But they are not out looking for God when others come to preach. Many have never heard before that time. I have never talked with him along these lines..but i'm sure he could tell you some stories. The 1st missions were started by Calvinist for this very reason. They saw others with not the same blessings as they had...and they went to to share the good news.

I just do not think D L. would lie about this. What would be the meaning of a lie? Do you not think David knew that God would hear his lie..if it was a lie? The reason for the story was because it is true. Its still true today. Yet we want to spend time here building mega churches with $100,000 laser light shows, for in your views, the world already knows?? Wake up!!

In Christ..James

2. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Mean time.....Christ said in Luke

Humm. Maybe its not because of sin after all. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Why? Because God can do as He pleases. Shall we look at the life of Job...upright in all his ways?

Tis God that is in control. Not us.

In Christ...James

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just because he was there means he can know what a person has heard in their lifetime? That's foolishness.
    *sigh, this is perception of what we think we know. What we perceive to know is not necessarily difinitive truth.
    ...and the strawman returns... :rolleyes:

4. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Your logic is strawman +, for it is made of "Hey Man!"

Your preception is clear.

DL cannot be trusted. Hey Man you're WRONG!!

Todays workers are mislead. Hey Man you're WRONG!!

No matter who tells you they have very heard,.... Hey Man they are WRONG TOO!!

No need to go tell, they will hear or their own.

Or..we could believe what is real life facts. We could understand the meaning as it is meant in the Bible.."all men".

A strawman is easy to make fall. There has been to proof other then to say..all men do not hear..as shown by those that know. That has not fallen.

In Christ..James

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, if you want to go by what "has been heard", I heard a missionary speak locally who went to an island in the far east where no outside influence had been. After sharing the Gospel with the natives, and talking about Christ they said to each other in their native tongue "So that's who that was".

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Isn't that a Mormon belief - that Christ went around to all the natives and preached the "gospel"?

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't know, but it wasn't a mormon missionary.

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Do you believe Christ came back to earth and met all the natives and preached the gospel in all the earth as do the mormons?

9. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Surely the missionary had some follow-up questions with the natives like, "What do you mean - so that's who that was?" Certainly he gathered details of this visit - was it Jesus in bodily form? What did it entail?

10. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I'm sure he said: "What am I doing here? If these guys are elect, God will save them no matter what I do, I'm going home."

11. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Blammo,

Do you want to compare missions resumes? I love missions. I love missionaries; many of them are my heroes. I give to missions and I love doing it. I've participated in short-term trips. I spent a whole summer in NYC doing missions work. I love sharing the Gospel with people. And yet, I am a dreaded Calvinist. How can that be? Maybe it is your misconception of Calvinists.

My question to Webdog was an honest one. I'm curious to know what these natives saw or experienced and the veracity of that account.

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I believe "an" angel of God can share the Gospel. We know it's going to happen someday soon, hopefully (Rev. 14:6), and angels were Gods' messengers in the OT. Who's to say God doesn't use angels still today?

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He didn't go into detail. He stated that many from that tribe were receptive to the Gospel, and even helped him pen the Bible in their native tongue...something they did not have up until that point. This was years ago, so I will see if I can find the missionaries name. My father is a deacon, so he might know.

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

OOOOOOK.

Well...this is to much to handle right now. But I will address this tonight. Opps...church night. Tomorrow night, that is if no one else gets to it.

15. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Hmmm...I always thought is was the cold Calvinists who eschewed missions and said, "God can save them if he wants to." Well, now you're telling me that angels are doing the Great Commission for us, so why do we waste so much money on sending missionairies to tribes that have already heard the Gospel? And according to you, everyone will hear before they die, so what is the urgency for missions?

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Andy, the strawmen you erect are becoming ridiculous.

What's your take on Rev. 14:6?

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's right, I almost forgot. You are the one who fights for God's sovereignty...but puts the salvation of men upon the back of humans only to share the Gospel. Maybe the angel in Rev. 14:6 is a preacher in a hang glider...

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

You see...it must be like this..

19. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I do as God says. We are to go tell...for they do not know. Does it say this or what?

Is salvation on my back? Nope. Salvation is by God

Do I know who the elect are? Nope. But God does

Will God save if I go tell? Maybe..that is up to Him.

Why go? Because God says ...Go tell!!

Cute joke about the hang glider..

Do you think Rev 14 is in the church age?

#59 Jarthur001, Aug 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  20. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Rev. 14:6 occurs during the Tribulation in preparation of the coming Millennium.

And what's your take on Romans 10:14?

"How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.