1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ww ii

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, May 20, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    WW II began in the fall of 1939. What would have been the ratifications if the USA had gotten into the war - even by mid 1940. Would we have been able to stop the Axis powers sooner.
    Would Americans have supported the allies since at the point we had not been invaded.

Thoughts?

2. Dennis324

Dennis324 Member

Possibly but what was our military might like in '39? Were we capable of bringing the full brunt of the US military engine to bear on Germany yet?

We have an awful misguided history in America of disarming in between wars.

So I don't know. What was the American sentiment at the time? Did most Americans want to go to war? Would we have supported Congress declaring war? If Congress declared war and the people didn't support going...I don't know how effective we could have been.

I believe it is imperative for the people of the United States to support the war effort totally if we are to be successful. Its not enough just to say "well...I support the troops but....". We should be loathe to jump into a war, but once we do...there should be no question, no hesitation on our part. We should do everything in our power to beat the enemy totally into submission. To conquer them completely and totally. (This means not let them keep their guns simply because its part of their culture). :rolleyes: And not take our boot off their neck until they surrender.

THEN....we can ease up and try to help them return to civilized society.