1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WWE Superstar and Family Found Dead

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by PastorSBC1303, Jun 25, 2007.

1. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

The fact that it was text messages and not phone calls does not rule out foul play.

If one regularly went to the WWE website, one would see that wrestlers called in quite often by phone.

If indeed there was someone else in the house, they could have sent the text messages and none would know the difference.

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I find it sickening that the WWE released a statement only about the possibility Benoit killed his family as a result of "roid rage" due to the steroids found in the home, and basically defending steroids. Forget three people lost their lives...lets make sure to not put the focus on the chemicals that artificially enhance our "superstars" :rolleyes:

Benoit was the one who called the WWE to state he wouldn't be at vengeance, according to a headline on WWE's site today.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So someone is going to make CHRIS BENOIT, the professional wrestler, hang himself?

Sorry. No way.

But, if I'm ever charged with a crime, I want you on my jury! :laugh:

#23 StefanM, Jun 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If it looks like a duck...and walks like a duck...and quacks like a duck...

5. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

It is highly possible that someone else committed the murders.

They could have killed the mother, the son witnessed it so he had to be silenced, then Chris lastly.

From what I have read, toxicology tests have not been completed, so steroids may not have had a part in it.

As the district attorney noted, 'i am baffled why anyone would kill a seven year old.'

6. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

Chris was only 5'10". Many other wrestlers are much taller than him.

7. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you would see signs of a struggle in that case.

8. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

In the weight room, there would not necessarily be signs of struggle. Nothing in there, but weights... possibly punching bags and mats... Maybe even towels.

All easily moved to accomodate a picture of suicide.

9. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

The reason I am not entirely convinced, and it may be because of that reason... I have lawyers in the family. I know they need every piece of information to make a case. Not all questions have been answered yet.

10. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I have a legal background myself, not just family :) And a psychological one. If weights were moved, then that's evidence (fingerprinting, DNA, tread, etc.)

People often use non-verbal communication (Emails, text messages, etc.) instead of verbal, when under duress, anxiety, etc., so as to not arouse suspicion, show fear/trembling in voice, etc.

The fact that the Benoits "appeared" one way means nothing. Every day in this country, crimes are committed by people who neighbors say "would never do such a thing." It just happens, thanks to stressors, chemicals, etc.

If foul play was involved, the signs would be there. I have no reason to question the authorities who investigated and chase a conspiracy theory. I liked Benoit when I watched this stuff back in the day. As I mentioned, I saw "Woman" (Nancy) around town. Who knows why this happened? One thing is sure: We probably never will.

I agree that it's despicable for the WWE to (predictably) try to cover its tracks. I know it wants to protect its product, but the public is not that stupid. How many wrestlers does this make that 'Roids have potentially sent over the edge? The list is as long as California is tall. Is WWE culpable? I don't know if I'm that paternalistic. But where there's smoke, there's at least the possibility of fire.

11. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You're right that not all questions have been answered yet. The toxicology will help. (Of course, some could theorize about conspiracies with this, too...a perp drugged Benoit, etc.). A third party is not going to go to the trouble of leaving behind evidence by touching the things necessary to do what the D.A. and detectives described in the Press Conf today.

12. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking more of physical injury, which would be observable.

13. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

Physical injury is not always a tell-tale sign. Especially with the wrestling figures as they are bruised quite often in the ring.

14. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the bruises were recent, though, it would make a difference. He had not wrestled that weekend.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Did I not read somewhere that his wife had or was planning on filing for divorce and gaining custody of the son?

16. GLipscomb48

GLipscomb48 New Member

You did read that, SBC, but that was back in 2003. They had since reconciled.

17. TomVols

TomVols New Member

One version of the story was that there was reconciliation. Another story was that the TOP was denied, and then at a later time the divorce proceedings were halted. Not enough info to tell if that was due to a reconciliation or some other explanation. Divorces can snag due to plenty of causes.

I'd think there was reconciliation because the family was under one roof. However, if there was not, it wouldn't be the first time a couple was estranged but living in the same house.

18. TomVols

TomVols New Member

WWE's statement

Sorry, I have to comment on this:
    So now the WWE is playing CSI? As for #2, no one believed 'Roids were used for the direct cause of death. This is a non-sequitur. #3...DUH! But what happens if there are substances in his body? It could be Roids. It could be Prozac. We just don't know. But I think it's ridiculous to make a claim either way at this point. WWE is mad because people are claiming roids. But WWE is claiming the opposite, and neither info is availble.
    #4: give me a break. There is the phenomenon of prolonged rage, if you will. That is, rage that is not just the flash of a moment. Rage can manifest itself quickly, yet foment a prolonged course of action. It is very common in some psychotropics, and was one of the early factors when Prozac first appeared and you had some folks commit crimes under delusion. #5 is redundant, with the exception of the last sentence. If WWE's hands are clean, why are you still monitoring the ongoing investigation?

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

WWE needs to keep their collective mouths shut until the real authorities have completed their investigations.

It's one thing for a bunch of outsiders to speculate. They won't help their cause one little bit by adding to the frenzy. I'm afraid they are going to be hurt any way this turns out, but they will be hurt more if they say stupid things while the investigation is ongoing.