1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WWE

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Prince of Preachers, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Prince of Preachers

Prince of Preachers New Member

Views on this wave of children, teens, and adults watching World Wrestling Entertainment.

2. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

3. JCLWRB

JCLWRB New Member

i heard a poll a while back talking about wrestlers grabbing their privates. it said they did that over 1000 times in one show. that is enough to make turn the channel.

[ December 06, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: JCLWRB ]

4. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watched WWE's Smackdown for the last time last night. To say that the show has been going downhill would be an understatement, but it sunk to a new low last night.

Now it is showing a lesbian relationship between two of the women wrestlers, or at least it hinted at it. As the show was leaving the air, it showed one wrestler reluctantly "giving in" to the others advances.

WWE has been bad enough to watch, what with the grabbing of private parts, the sexual inuendo, the skimpy dress of the women and all that, but this is the straw that broke this camels back.

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

We stopped watching wrestling about 5 years ago when they mocked Jesus in one of their antics. I saw about 15 minutes a few montha back, and it's disgusting, more now then ever before. And children are running around doing the crotch thing, how sick to be teaching little children something like that.

6. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

katie--I remember exactly what you are refering to. TV has hit new lows in the way they mock anything that has to do with religion. BUT, once they start mocking God, and the gift Christ gave to us, there is going to be hell to pay, literally. :( Though, if we think about it, things were the same way when Jesus was here. They mocked him to his face. I could not even imagine looking God Himself in the face and mocking Him. If I ever did, I would hope the He would kill me on the spot. I don't believe I would have a right to continue living any longer. Happily and thankfully, God has shown some us His unspeakable glory. We should pray for His children that are being swept into this and ask His forgiveness for our participating in it in time past. God Bless. Bro. James

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

James, I'll tell you it upset me really bad,I even cried. We were langtime wrestling fans, gosh there have been fans here since before it was popular on tv, going way back I first saw wrestling wehn I was only a few years old, everyone was a fan. Back then wrestling was another sport(as much as boxing? whatever), and was treated like it, it was at least clean. As time goes on people are mocking God more and more. It's sad. And wrestlers are just another group who need God that I do pray for.

8. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

I liked wrestling when the object of the game was to see who was under the mask. Now it's to see what's under her(his sometimes) skirt.

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luckily, I haven't seen any rasslin' lately, but even a few years ago I thought it was giving testosterone a bad reputation.

10. Jeff Weaver

Jeff Weaver New Member

RSR
    That was funny. Thanks.
    J

11. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

I don't allow watching of it in my house...for a multitude of reasons. Practically naked woman, who scream at men, proclaiming their sexual relations with married men. (I'm not joking... I watched 2 minutes of exactly this recently) men in tights. I can do without men in tights. Violence, profanity.

I'm pretty openminded...but even I can't turn the channel quick enough before I feel like my eyes and ears are going to burn off. :eek:

12. pragmatism

pragmatism New Member

Wrestling is the lowest common denominator theater for the masses. It allows patrons to identify with evil, good and indifferent characters. Soap opera mixed with athleticism. However, it is just entertainment. Turn it off if you don't like it.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

The point isn't just turning it off, but concern for the children watching it everytime it is on tv. There are deathes each year that stem from watching wrestling, children are using these moves on esch other and killing each other. Not to mention it's some of the nastiest stuff on tv. We have to ask just how much do we care about people if we do not speak up.

14. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

I don't really watch it, but I was at the Village Idiot in NYC last night and they had it on.

It was pretty bad.

Where have you gone, Chief Jay Strongbow?