1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

www.westcotthort.com

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by BrianT, Nov 27, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Hey all,

I'm putting together a website, The Westcott and Hort Resource Centre ( <a href="http://www.westcotthort.com" target="_blank">http://www.westcotthort.com )</a> to make available as much material about/from Westcott and/or Hort as I can get my hands on, including their books, their NT, examination of their various (mis)"quotes" that are flung furiously around the internet, etc. I'm getting the word out, as well as looking for feedback on the layout.

Scanning the books and converting them to text and then to webpages is a tedious job, but it's coming. I've started uploading Westcott's "The Historic Faith", so be sure to checkout the bookshelf if you visit, and let me know if the format/layout I currently have for the text of the book makes sense.

I hope to grow this into a resource than goes beyond the Bible Version debate (even outside of the context of the Bible version debate, their books are excellent!), but the debate is what triggered this. I thought it would be a great resource to let people check out context of quotes for themselves, learn that they are in fact *not* heretic occultists, etc. ;)

My current inventory of books (about 20) is listed on the site. Remember, if anyone wants any information from any of my books before I get that particular book online, just let me know! And if anyone wants to donate a book I don't have, even better! [​IMG]

Brian

2. mioque

mioque New Member

THANK YOU.
    I just discovered that the Dutch equivalent of KJVOnlyism (Statenbijbelonlyism) has spread beyond it's Calvinist roots and is like a cancer eating away at certain Evangelical churches in my country. I've even seen some real KJV-onlies who have Dutch as their primary language recently. I knew a few existed, having met one here on this very board, but seeing them in the flesh was still... disturbing.
    If this keeps up, I'm going to petition the elders of my church with the request that we join the Doopsgezinde Sociƫteit. I prefer joining the lukewarm pacifists, before my side starts falling for stuff that is objectively wrong. :mad:

Having principles can be so unpleasant. :( ;)

3. Anti-Alexandrian

Could you imagine one of us Bible(KJB)believers coming up with web site for say,Erasmus or Tyndale,and then posting on here??? My oh my how the fur would fly;the responces would be legendary...

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

5. mioque

mioque New Member

Ahhh... the Erasmus Text Project riots.
    Those were the days. I still remember shouting USA USA untill my throat was like parchment.
    Not to mention the fact that I still walk funny from that beating dr. Griffin gave me with that crowbar. Yup the Bobster is quite the ninja in close combat. [​IMG]

6. BrianT

BrianT New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You guys are totally hilarious.

A-A, the site is about providing information straight from the source - so people can see for themselves, directly from their writings, what W&H believed rather than try and learn about them only from a sprinkling of butchered quotes from their heavily-biased opposition. In other words, truth = good. If you were to do a similar site about Erasmus or Tyndale, putting all their writings up on the internet so we could read them directly for ourselves instead of only relying on what other people say about them, I would applaud your efforts. Why don't you give the site a look-see? You might be surprised. [​IMG] I especially recommend you read chapter 4 of "The Historic Faith" (which is on the site) to see what they thought about Jesus Christ - despite what Waite and Riplinger say they thought. ;)

God bless,
    Brian

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Ransom, I remember when these sites went up. I was fuming. I took to the streets and kept shouting "ECCLECTIC! ECCLECTIC!" while I was holding my NASB up and waving it. There was a local KJVO store nearby. I threw a brick through the window and ran off. The fire department was brought in to hose down anyone within reach. I was one of the lucky ones that made it out of there.

My younger brother wasn't quite as lucky. They tied him to a post and then had an audio version of the KJV read to him. I think it was the James Earl Jones edition.