1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yanks Ban Vegemite!

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Pete, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I hope it taste better than it looks!

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Bit cruel there mate. Dubya already has our PM in his pocket, (well, he can have him if he wants him I guess, no one here will miss johnny...) but you want our money too :eek: ;)

Gov wouldn't step in just for supply and demand issues...even if Vegemite is a drug for Aussies ;)

That's bureaucrats for yer Helen, always coming up with something like that to pretend they do something. Did you hear about the goings on in Oz a few months ago? Some clown decides to get the bright idea to ban parliament house security staff from using the word "mate"? That idea went down like a lead balloon. Hopefully the idiot responsible was sentenced to writing 20 trillion times "Fair dinkum cobber, I won't mess with Aussie icons mate!" :D

heh no worries mate, I'll be sure to have plenty of Vegemite with me if do get over that way again. What are they going to do? Impound every jar that every Aussie tries to bring in? They'll run out of room to dump the jars before we run out of our love for Vegemite.

Or maybe Oz should just ban "mom, apple pie, Old Glory, etc etc etc"

3. Pete

Pete New Member

Would be an Aussie tourist with too much time on his hands if it is just a stir. The general rule is Yanks couldn't stir with a super-charged V8 powered mixmaster ;) Be great if one of the natives over there is getting a bit of the larrikin about them though :D

It looks great and tastes even better. Very few Yanks convert though :confused: Oh well, all the more for us Down Under :D

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It would HAVE to...

:laugh:

5. Pete

Pete New Member

You Little Beaudy!!

Looks like story is a dud :D

SMH
    SBS

Looks like I can visit US again one day :D

Great, I can go looking for who offed the mighty Phar Lap while I'm over there ;)

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Wikipedia says Vegemite is a yeast extract

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegemite

So I wondered what a yeast extract is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeast_extract

Salted dead yeast cells, that sure sounds good to eat.

7. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

And it is!

I wish I had saved from decades ago a description of a bacon and egg breakfast. Broken down in the same manner, it certainly didn't sound appetizing.

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Probably not. I guess sometimes it best to not think about what you are eating and just enjoy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.