1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yea, hath God said...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, May 23, 2008.

1. Cutter

Cutter New Member

I believe that the current state of affairs in society, in the family, and in the church can be traced back to this statement made by satan. Lawbreakers challenge and question authority. They hire representatives that are willing to challenge the strength of the laws and question who the real victim is. The perpetrator or the true victim. All to create doubt as satan did in Eve's mind.
    Children no longer respect and obey parents. They question their teachings and believe that if others can do it, they should be able to, as well. The divide among adults and children is not as defined as it once was. Children see adults act as children and they question their authority and ability to distinguish right from wrong, good from evil. All creating doubt in young minds as to the reliability and honesty of grown ups.
    The church and Word of God have so many challengers from without and within. The Bible that was once accepted on face value, now seems to be the centerpiece of argument and division among faiths.

Yea, hath God said...

Yes, God hath said, but today's generation has a problem with what God hath said and as satan, many desire to question what God hath said when it is sufficient. I believe that is one of the reasons Christ said, "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." A child is humble, naive, and full of faith. They can easily believe what is told to them and if the One doing the telling is Christ and His Spirit wooing them, their tender hearts can be filled with the Truth of God's love.
    Discontinue the trend of questioning God's authority and trust Him to reveal the truth unto you. He alone has your best interest at heart.
    2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him [are] yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.