1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yeast/Leaven: Ever good?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eric B, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DHK said:
    "The fact is that just because you friend is Jewish, it doesn't mean that he would know any more about the Passover than me or you, or anyone else who would take the time to study the Bible, and Jewish customs at the time of Christ.
    When the temple of Jerusalem was destoyed in 70 A.D. the celebration of the Passover ceased. Thus the Jew of today knows little about its celebration. He doesn't celebrate it any more than you do. In fact it is because the Christian carries on the remembrance of the death and resurrection of Christ in the Lord's Supper, and studies his Bible (both OT and NT), would give credence to the view that the Christian would know more about the Passover than today's average Jew."

GE:
    DHK, I agree with you! He who celebrates Christ Jesus, celebrates the Passover, the Passover-Promise, the Passover-Prophecy, and the Passover-Law. He in and through the faith of Jesus Christ, first time in history, celebrates the Passover Feast, PERFECTLY and FULLY! The Jews have NO inkling of God's Passover; one's heart goes out to them.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Eliyahu:
    "The reason why God prohibited Leavens during Days of ULB was because Leavens represent the sin and corruption."

GE:
    It is pure your assumption; and it is pure wrong!
    I should say the reason why God prohibited leaven during the Unleavened Bread Feast was because Christ hasn't come yet - the want of leaven or yeast represented the time of unfulfillment and waiting and promise --- everything looked as it were forward to and unto Christ -- until He would come and 'FULFILL' (like yeast) the Body of His People (two loaves - Old and New testament Church).

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Webdaog said:
    "It is an ignorant statement to say the passover hasn't been practiced for 2000 years. It makes no difference who "studies" it, the practice has been handed down for generations."

GE:
    Empty and pathetically, void of the Lamb of God, our Passover, Jesus Christ.

Webdog:
    "Christianity has been passed down for thousands of years, too. How do we know that it is accurate?"

GE:
    Jesus "is the Author and Finisher of our faith" - the Christian Faith - that's how! (The RC would tell you the Church is their gaurdian of truth.)

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All of the OT sacrifices were pictures of the One sacrifice to come. The blood that was spilt was a picture of the blood of the lamb that was going to be spilled on the cross. The leaven throughout the Bible consistently is a picture of sin and corruption, just like the sacrifices represent Christ as our sacrifice. These pictures are just that--symbolic pictures. They are not to be picked apart molecule by molecule.
    The Jews were not molecular scientists. It makes no difference if there was so-called yeast on the skin of a grape. The Jews couldn't see it. That wasn't part of the picture. They saw the fermentation of the grape juice into wine as a leavening process--something then that ended up having leaven in it. It was a picture of corruption. They were not looking at the science. They were looking at the picture. The fermented wine was a picture of corruption in as much as the leavened bread was a picture of corruption. The arguments that little atoms of yeast rested on the grapes is ludicrous, ridiculous. The Israelites were not molecular scientists. These were pictures. They looked at the whole picture.

I don't drink. I never have. But when the doctor prescribes a cough syrup that has a small percentage of alcohol in it I don't consider myself either a drunkard or even consuming an alcoholic beverage. This is the extent of your lame arguments.
    Leavened bread could not be used; neither could leaved juice. Any Bible dictionary can tell you as much. But more importantly the Scripture is emphatic on these points.
    DHK