1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Yellow Pages Ad

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by sanderson1769, Mar 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sanderson1769

sanderson1769 New Member

I would like to restart a topic that was shut down because of people not responding to the subject matter of the post. The subject was about fundamental Baptist yellow pages ads across America being liberal or at best neutral. I submitted a picture of my ad in this year's Phoenix yellow pages as an example of a little bit different style of ad.

I would appreciate your comments on the ad and the subject of fundamental Baptists trying to make themselves look not quite so fundamental in their advertising. Thank you.

Here is the link again:

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/Yellow%20Pages%20Ad.pdf

Sincerely,

Pastor Steven L Anderson
    Faithful Word Baptist Church
    www.faithfulwordbaptist.org

2. All about Grace

All about Grace New Member

I am sure your ad will attract the type of people you desire.

If my church were in your area, I would be glad you ran this type of ad - it would keep these types from visiting our church for one Sunday. :D

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Define "liberal"?
    Define "Dynamic preaching"?
    Define "King James Bible only"? Is this 1611, 1769, MKJV, NKJV, KJV2000?
    Define "Soul Winning"?
    What kind of baptisms?

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Do you have an example of the kind of ads you're against?

5. standingfirminChrist

Actually, I don't believe it was shut down because people were not responding. I think it was because of the content. In the original one, sanderson was putting down other preachers whom he did not know a hill of beans about.

Blasting a preacher because he was wearing a hawaiian shirt in his ad was one such incident.

I really would be labeled a loser in sanderson's eyes, for I have been preaching for going on 15 years and only wore a three piece suit 2 times during those 15 years.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am sure pastor that your ad will accomplish what you desire.

I am Independent, Fundamental, KJV using, conservative music supporting Baptist - but this as would scare me away.

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I would drop the "are you tired of liberal churches" line because it is a put down for other churches. (I've always been very conservative, but I've got a sneaking feeling that you would find me liberal.) This could be rephrased to say who you are.

I'd also drop the dynamic preaching. Dynamic is definately in the ear of the hearer.

8. standingfirminChrist

After hearing several of the sermons, I would drop the ad altogether.

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ouch! But I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that the same thought crossed my mind (rather strongly even).

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

One thingh you could never be accused of pastor is running a misleading ad.

11. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

King James Bible Only organizations are “faithful” to the [snip] rather than God, and to call such an organization a Baptist church, or any other kind of a church, is a misrepresentations of the facts.

[​IMG]

[ March 17, 2006, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

12. Craigbythesea

I believe that Mr. Anderson is using this message board to promote himself and his "church" rather than joining in on the fellowship, discussions, and debates. Since when was the BB a bulletin board for classified ads? :eek:

[​IMG]

13. standingfirminChrist

Craig, your accusation of the KJVO being faithful only to the devil and not to God is very offensive.

Judt because one holds the KJV dear and refuses to preach or teach from any other translation does not mean that one is not faithful to God.

14. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I would love to see Mr. Anderson "converse" a bit more. Although, I do feel I know a great deal about him from his essays. He did come back and post a second time on the OB/GYN thread, however, I get the feeling he is talking more "at" us rather than "with" us.

15. shannonL

shannonL New Member

What was really creepy about Mr. Anderson's church was the fact that God has was it "reserved the death penalty" for homosexuals.
    What is that all about?
    I'm against homosexual practices but if God cannot forgive a homosexual for his sins then I guess He can't forgive any of us for anythingelse?

Where is the doctrine for this death penalty for gays listed in the Bible?

Sounds to me like Mr. Anderson is a "preacher called" preacher boy who is ignorantly following some half baked dude from out in California. Its fellows like this that give fundamenlism a bad name.

16. Craigbythesea

Amen! I have never suggested otherwise.

[​IMG]

17. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you talking about folks who go to United Presbyterian\Methodist, Episcopalian, (some) Lutheran, (and yes some Baptist) churches?

Or are you speaking of Bible believing and preaching Baptist(ic) churches which do not draw the lines in accordance with your personal preferences (aka CAT3 Truth)?

The folks in my first question are probably unsave Standard American Pagans. They need to be evangelized. If the advertisment is aimed at folks in my second question, then you are shooting at potential friends and allies. Satan and this world thank you very much for your friendly fire.

18. Craigbythesea

My personal experience as a pastor has been that those who are the most vocal about the sin of homosexuality are very often themselves homosexuals who are repressing their homosexual feelings.

[​IMG]

19. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Thankfuly this ad will keep many from being "spiritually abused" by the man-centered message that is propogated by this guys "essays".

20. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Been there, done that, don't want to go back. I've been down the militant IFB path, but I've matured and grown in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.