1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Yellowcake' found in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Pull up my entire posting history and I challenge you to find one such comment from me. I constantly argue against anyone making such ad hominem circumstantial informal fallacies. You can either retract the above statement or apologize.

What do the U.S. Constitution and the Laws of the USA enacted by Congress have to say in that regard? Read it (them) and you'll have the answer to your own question without trying to derail or redirect this discussion.

You can't "still" be waiting for me to admit this because this is the very first time you and I have debated on the BB. Now let's see if we can stick to the subject at hand. If you'd like to talk about the "message force multipliers" please fell free to start another thread on that topic.

#61 Bible-boy, Aug 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There is a third option.

I asked you a simple question. If you can't answer it simply just say say so.

This was directed at Carpro not you. Don't be so thinned skinned. This is the poltics forum. Toughen up abit there little camper. I started a thread on the "message force multipliers" already and no I'm not going to pull that up for you either.

I learned with Carpro that you can put all the facts you want in front of a person but if they choose to ignore them and believe Govcorp's propagadists instead there isn't anything you can do about it. So, I don't do others homework for them anymore. You want to know about something you do the dirty work.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Illegal.

Now prove that a fraud was committed against the American people anywhere but in your mind.

While you're at it, explain how and why Congress was complicit in your imagined fraud.

Then explain why , with democrats in control of both houses and trying daily to make the same case your imagination has dreamed up, they have been unsuccessful in doing so.

Hating Bush more than you could ever imagine and having resources you can't even begin to fathom, they have been unable to make the case that is already settled in your own imagination.

You can spread your opinions(and that's all you have) all over the internet, but no one anywhere has been able to prove that a law was broken by the Administration leading to the Iraq war.

Now I know that CTers like you like to believe that you are somehow smarter and more aware than others who don't buy your theories, but 'tain't so.

One thing is certain CTers are more paranoid than the general population, but certainly not gifted with more intellect and insight. The CTers here at BB are living proof.

So let's have your proof...if I should live so long.;)

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    +

:laugh:

Good place to be , but I doubt they talk about "yellowcake" much...

except the kind you eat.

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

What would that be?

Okay let's restort to schoolyard tactics for a second: Right back at ya... We asked you to answer a simple question first. If you can't answer it simply say so... :rolleyes:

You made the statement in a post were you quoted one of my previous posts. Any reasonable person would take that to mean that you were addressing me. My skin is plenty thick and I have been around here for a long time. No need to advise me on BB protocol etc. I can look up your thread on that topic. Thanks for telling me about it.

That's a nice out. However, I don't buy it. This is a discussion/debate forum. If you come here you have to be prepared to participate according to long established methods of debate. You have to prove your statements with documented evidence and provide sources. If you choose not to do so all you end up doing is throwing out accusations and you'll only end up on many people's ingore list.

#65 Bible-boy, Aug 8, 2008
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple really Carpro, congress and the democrats know if they were to investigate Bush they'd incriminate themselves. Again with the nasty name calling. Is that the best you 30 percenters can do. It doesn't take a brainiac to figure out the state is corrupt and morally bankrupt.

That includes both sides good buddy not just the democrats. An innocent man wouldn't bother to seek retroactive immunity from criminal investigation and/or prosecution...would he?

#66 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It bears repeating, only because you have provided proof (for once), that my assessment of CTers is spot on.

But you still haven't provided proof the Iraq War is "illegal".

#67 carpro, Aug 8, 2008
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't be too hard on Poncho. He's really a pretty sharp fellow.

He just has a couple of obsessions that he can't seem to get past.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I don't care what you buy. How's that? And no I don't have to prove my statements each and every time I make one because they're all backed by seven thousand posts filled with mainstream news articles and documents.

You look em up.

Either do your own research and learn what I already have, take my word for it or call me a liar. Pick one, I don't care which.

And that third option will be more obvious as time goes by. :smilewinkgrin:

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

We haven't been at war with Iraq so there is no "Iraq war". If we were "at war" congress would have declared war. What we've been doing is called "regime change" (better known as military intervention) I know you've heard of it. Your neocon heros talk about it all the time. Undeclared warfare or regime change is unconstitutional and un-American.

Why? Because the founders knew it was another way for the executive branch to consolidate unchecked power. That's why congress has the power to declare war and not the POTUS. The founders never gave a gaggle of foreigners with offices in New York city or Jerusalem the power to declare war either or use our military for "regime change" and "peace keeping" missions.

Un-constitutional = unlawful. Unlawful = illegal. Doesn't matter if all the crooks in congress and their message force minions in mass media agree on taking the same action it still doesn't make "regime change" and pre emptive warfare constitutional and therefore legal.

Why should I have to keep "proving" the obvious? You as an American should know this without anyone having to "prove" it to you.

#70 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Duck, dodge , weave...

as expected.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I know just how you feel. Instead of a decent rebuttal with alittle thought behind it this is all I ever get. That and name calling and the ever popular Goering factor of course.:rolleyes:

Who was it that said "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."? Oh yeah, Samuel Johnson.

#72 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

If you object to being called a CTer, stop being one.

Either way, stop whining about it. It's unbecoming and you're beginning to bore me.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Whatever. I'm waiting on your well thought out rebuttal. :sleeping_2:

#74 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  15. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Don't expect this to happen anytime too soon Poncho. You know all you will ever get is more drivel and more rhetoric. Bush Lovers are like that.

#75 Petra-O IX, Aug 8, 2008
  16. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Yeah I know. I did as he demanded so you'd think he'd have the decency to reciprocate in kind but...I'm not going to count on it.

But then again when you're wrong and know it that's probably the only type response you can come up with it. ;)

#76 poncho, Aug 8, 2008
  17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Petra-O IX
    Whatever. I'm waiting on your well thought out rebuttal. :sleeping_2: Don't expect this to happen anytime too soon Poncho. You know all you will ever get is more drivel and more rhetoric. Bush Lovers are like that.

When will you guys announce the engagement?

It's fun to watch you feed off each other's weaknesses.

But I'm off to :sleeping_2: now.

You'll have to support each other while the strong get their rest.

Now's your time to really howl at the moon.:wavey:

18. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This, like so much of what you say, is almost totally incoherent. To my knowledge, I said nothing about some kind of crime against one man by his political opponents. I am left to think you did not pay attention to the conversation here.

Yet more proof you are not paying attention. This is not about any of that. This is about yellowcake found in Iraq, and your constant diversions into conspiracies theories which reveals a high level of naivete due to you preconceived biases.

Again, I have to confess that this makes no sense. I accused you of being gullible and easily persuaded by rhetoric. And with good reason. You have shown yourself to be. It gets increasingly disturbing to those of us who prefer a more judicious approach to these issues.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well Rocko, from the sounds of it Carpro has been beat again.

"But then again when you're wrong and know it that's probably the only type response you can come up with it."

See what I mean? Same ole nonsense. Sure sign of defeat.

And Larry? Totally out of touch with reality as per usual...and apparently sore about being reminded of it. :laugh:

Can't help but feel sorry for these guys.

#79 poncho, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
  20. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Seriously? This is the best you can do? Since you don't know me, you have no way of knowing whether that is true. And I have read enough of your posts here to know that your judgment on such issues is not to be trusted. You have demonstrated an extreme naivete about some issues. You seem so tragically mislead as to believe anything anyone says without giving it any critical thought. And that's dangerous.

So if you have an actual argument to make in support of your ideas, then put it forth. Otherwise, you might consider not posting.

#80 Pastor Larry, Aug 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.