1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured You’ve Been Catfished!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read the verses I quoted, Utilyan. In fact, here's another one for you.

1 Kings 12:28. 'Therefore the king [Jeroboam] asked advice, made two calves of gold and said to the people, "It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem. Here are your gods, O Israel, which brought you up from the land of Egypt.'

This did not work out well for Jeroboam and his family, nor for Israel (1 Kings 14:10-16 etc.). Stop looking for loopholes and obey the word of God.

2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That doesn't equate to Jehovah. Might as well been two monkeys or two bananas.

We don't worship the statue, We only worship God. We see a cross we are reminded of Jesus, we don't think well that's THE CROSS and Jesus is right there.

I made a statue of you Martin......... It agrees with me so I guess that means you agree with me, according to your logic.

Listen up.....

The consecrated BREAD and WINE is God 100% Isn't it strange your not brave enough to call out an idolatry where we do declare is God? Instead continuously lie about where we don't declare God is.

Notice I've been waiting DAYS for "Protestant" to declare Jesus Christ is Lord. Why would someone hate and have trouble declaring Jesus Christ is Lord?

1 john 4
    2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

1 Corinthians 12
    3Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

3. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you will find that I have mentioned Roman Catholic worship of the bread god before. As for lying, you yourself should not make false accusations. You have said several times that you only worship Jesus Christ, but faced with a picture of an idol of a woman and a baby, you said:
    It is evil because we are told specifically by God many times not to make idols and not to worship them.

4. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

WORSHIP THIS FALSE GOD AT YOUR ETERNAL PERIL

[​IMG]

For the uninitiated, Transubstantiation is a mystery.

So allow me to unmystify it for you.

The ornate gold monstrance has, within its confines, a consecrated host made of unleavened bread.

This bread was baked by slaves called ‘nuns.’

The man holding the monstrance is called ‘Holy Father.’

He takes pride in the fact that he, like Holy Father God, has infinite creative powers.

Truth be told, this puny excuse for a man is neither ‘holy’ nor a ‘father.’

He has never fathered a child because, according to his religion, he is more ‘holy’ never having had sexual relations with a woman.

In fact, the doctrine of celibacy is but a cunning way to disguise the innumerable homosexuals and pedophiles who make up their ranks.

By claiming the power to change bread into God, this man claims powers greater than God.

For he who creates is greater than he who is created.

Here we see fulfillment of 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4:

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

This man exalts himself above that eucharist, which is called God and must be worshipped.

As alleged head of the Christian Church on earth, this man sits in the New Testament Temple of God, with supreme authority, holding the God he has created, thereby showing himself to be God.

For centuries Christians have known the Papal Office to be the office held by the Man of Sin, the Antichrist.

Is it not ironic the Man of Sin is called the ‘Holy Father’?

And is it not a strong spirit of stupor sent by the real Holy Father which causes one billion professing Catholics to actually believe this outrageous lie?

And is it not also a strong spirit of stupor which causes Evangelical 'leaders' to honor this man, who, in turn, honors Satan?

5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Boy, you really are obsessed with us Catholics and how we worship, aren't you? Don't worry, one day you will appear before God to get a judgement on your vile remarks. Remember, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are present together. You disrespect one, you disrespect them all and blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an unforgiveable sin - wouldn't want to be you.

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Oh, and by the way, your Grand Poobah, Mr. Protestor himself, one Martin Luther believed in the "Real Presence" of Christ in the Holy Eucharist. What you say now?

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, yes, no idols. No pictures of your wife or your kids, no representations of any kind! Nothing! But "Bread God"? Pleeese! We are just following the Scriptures like all orthodox believing Christians do and have done since the beginning of the Church. Worshipping an idol is when one worships the thing itself, as the Jews did with the golden calf. We do not do that.

8. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reductio ad absurdum is no answer. Just read your Bible.
    You are not following the Scriptures; you are following false teaching in the same way that the Israelites followed Jeroboam, the son of Nebat who caused Israel to sin (2 Kings 10:31 etc., etc.)
    Yes you do! When one worships before a statue of Mary one is not even worshipping Mary, wicked though that is, one is worshipping the idol in front of one. When one worships before a crucifix, one is not worshipping the Lord Jesus, one is worshipping a little model of a man with a beard. When the priest holds up the 'host,' he is not holding up Christ, he is holding up the bread god for you to worship. It is sinful, and the true and living God hates it, as He tells you in His word. We are to worship in spirit and in truth. Please read through Exodus 32:4-5. Aaron told the Israelites that the golden calf was the LORD, the God who had brought them out of the land of Egypt. I expect they told themselves that they weren't really worshipping an idol, just worshipping in front of one, but God knew better (Exodus 32:8).

My church does not have a cross at the front, mostly because we find no instruction in the Bible to have one, but also because we know that sooner or later, someone will do a little bow or curtsey in front of it, and that would be idolatry.

I am being very plain with you not because I hate Roman Catholics or because I want to score points off you, but because I love Roman Catholics and want to help them. Please, Adonia, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, think about these things, read your Bible and pray about them.

#28 Martin Marprelate, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know, I know you love us - that's your standard answer in this case. You need to read your Bible and then you will find that us orthodox Christians are correct. You are the one who rejects Christian orthodoxy and all that Christ's Church has taught for the last 2000 years. I do read my Bible and I believe it coincides very nicely with orthodox Christian teaching, while you follow a line of Christian thought that has been made up by mere from throughout these many ages, a biblical interpretation that didn't come about and take hold until almost 1500 years into Christianity. And they keep on coming from one era until the next when a particular man or woman says they finally, positively have got the correct interpretation - the list of new sects is endless.

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

"Protestant" still won't declare Jesus Christ is Lord. Been waiting for DAYS. Common what is up with that!?

I don't think Martin would have a problem.

11. utilyan

Site Supporter

Well personally I'm toast! Everywhere I look I see the face of God.

The Catholic church's teaching is only worship God. Jesus is Lord. We worship the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Why would we proudly claim the bread and wine as actually GOD, the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. And then deny the claims of worshipping statues and Mary?

If the bread and wine to be God already puts us knee deep into what you claim is wrong. It would be nothing to claim we worship statues or Mary, yet we don't. We do not worship Mary nor do we worship statues. There is a saying a picture is worth a thousand words. Photographs did always exist Literacy was not common till recently, Statues, paintings, Icons. They preach the Gospel in a humble language not only for the literate.

[​IMG]

This painting healing of Jesus healing paralytic. It is OLDER then the BIBLE! It was already preaching the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

And that's not the oldest....... The every oldest around 100 ad...... are the catacombs where statues, pictures of Jesus, INFANT BAPTISM survive,
    [​IMG]

I see this I think.....that's Jesus Christ, I'm reminded of Jesus Christ and worship Jesus Christ.

We Catholics worship Obi-Wan Kenobi cause we are Jedi.:Ninja

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

To All You Wafer Worshipping Warriors:

[​IMG]

Had your Supreme Pontiff the power to change each wafer into a literal cheese pizza, thousands could be fed, fulfilling the biblical mandate of Matthew 25:35:

For I was hungry and you gave me food!

As it stands now, the wafer looks and tastes exactly the same before and after the High Priest of Sorcery speaks the magical words of consecration.

[​IMG]
    Before Consecration

[​IMG]
    After Consecration

……nor did they repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts (Rev. 9:21).

13. utilyan

Site Supporter

I didn't know you were hungry, Protestant.

Lets see ......if you in Houston......

http://www.magnificathousesinc.org/Loaves_And_Fishes.html

No questions asked, no religious pressure. Go and eat for free.

Quoting them:
    ===============
    Loaves and Fishes

We serve lunch daily except on Monday...no questions asked. Be our guest!
    Our staff, residents and volunteers prepare a nutritious, home–cooked meal–hoping you will join us. We always prepare plenty, so bring your friends and family.
    There's no need to RSVP a lunch date; We're expecting you.
    Hours
    Our doors are open for lunch at 11 a.m. The lunch line begins forming around 10:30.
    About Us
    Last year we served about 95,000 meals-that's 200-400 meals per day, six days a week (Tuesday-Sunday). It has been our mission, and our pleasure, for many years, as a member of the Magnificat Houses Ministry.
    We are primarily funded by donations and greatly aided by volunteers-who are always needed! And we are a grateful member of the Houston Food Bank, with additional support from area farmers and food donors.
    If you need to reach us by phone, please call 713.224.1373 between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. Tuesday through Sunday.

Lunch line forms at the corner of Congress & Chartres streets, just east of Minute Maid Park.
    ============

Jesus Christ is Lord.

14. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An old lie is no better than a new lie, Adonia.
    The devil has been about for a very long time.
    But if you think that Roman catholic dogma has existed for 2000 years, you are woefully ignorant of Church history. The false doctrine has built up over the years as you can easily find out for yourselves.

15. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's some bloke with a beard. Neither you nor anyone else has the faintest idea what the Lord Jesus looked like when He was on earth. What you are doing is worshipping the beardy god as well as the bread god, and the true and living God tells you in no uncertain terms not to do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. utilyan

Site Supporter

According to your logic you worship ink and paper.

The Bible is not God.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Check this out though Martin. I declare that Jesus Christ is Lord.

I declare Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.

I haven't heard "protestant" say that. I've been waiting for days.

Does he hate Jesus Christ? Am I going to have to ask you too?

1 john 4
    2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

1 Corinthians 12
    3Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

18. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife and I visited Amritsar, India, last year. We saw the Golden temple and the kitchens where the Sikhs prepare 30,000 meals every day for the hungry.

Doesn't make them Christians though.

19. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why then are you worshipping the bread god and the beardy god and his mum?
    Protestant is under no obligation to jump through your hoops, any more than I am. However, I have no problem in telling you that Jesus Christ is the LORD. 'Therefore.......we should not think that the Divine Being is like gold or silver or stone- an image made by man's design or skill' (Acts 17:29). Nor is He like a piece of bread.

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That's not what Jesus said. "While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take it; this is my body.” (Mk 14 v 22). And: " While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” (Matt 26 V26). And: 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” (1 Cor 11 V 24)

And then we have the continuing teaching of the Bishops of the One Christian Church, men like St Ignatious of Antioch who said: "Consider how contrary to the mind of God are the heterodox in regard to the grace of God which has come to us........They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not admit that the Eucharist is the flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, the flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His graciousness, raised from the dead."
    "Letter to the Smyrnaeans", paragraph 6. circa 80-110 A.D.

"I have no taste for the food that perishes nor for the pleasures of this life. I want the Bread of God which is the Flesh of Christ, who was the seed of David; and for drink I desire His Blood which is love that cannot be destroyed."
    -"Letter to the Romans", paragraph 7, circa 80-110 A.D.

"Take care, then who belong to God and to Jesus Christ - they are with the bishop. And those who repent and come to the unity of the Church - they too shall be of God, and will be living according to Jesus Christ. Do not err, my brethren: if anyone follow a schismatic, he will not inherit the Kingdom of God. If any man walk about with strange doctrine, he cannot lie down with the passion. Take care, then, to use one Eucharist, so that whatever you do, you do according to God: for there is one Flesh of our Lord Jesus Christ, and one cup in the union of His Blood; one altar, as there is one bishop with the presbytery and my fellow servants, the deacons." Epistle to the Philadelphians 110 AD

And then we have St. Irenaeus who succeeded St. Pothinus to become the second bishop of Lyons in 177 A.D. Earlier in his life he studied under St. Polycarp. Considered, one of the greatest theologians of the 2nd century, St. Irenaeus is best known for refuting the Gnostic heresies.

[Christ] has declared the cup, a part of creation, to be his own Blood, from which he causes our blood to flow; and the bread, a part of creation, he has established as his own Body, from which he gives increase to our bodies."
    Source: St. Irenaeus of Lyons, Against Heresies, 180 A.D.:

And on and on and on for over 1500 years until one man, Ulrich Zwingli declared otherwise. So you go ahead and follow this one man's dictate that all the One Universal Christian Church taught all those hundreds of years and just about every Christian on this earth believed (even Martin Luther) concerning this issue, that the long standing teaching was somehow in error.

#40 Adonia, Aug 17, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.