1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured You’ve Been Catfished!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Protestant, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

Ut said, “I declare Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God.”

-------------------

Really?

[​IMG]

I declare that wafer is NOT Jesus Christ, nor is it His flesh, nor is it from God.

I don’t care how many times you and Pope Frank say that it is.

Perhaps you can convince the Charismatic Pentecostals.

Like you, they believe in the doctrine of ‘Name it & Claim it.’

Like you, they believe their words can speak things into existence.

However, they believe they are ‘little gods,’ while your priestly sorcerers believe they are greater than the true God when they allegedly ‘create’ Christ.

Furthermore, I declare your Church, your Pontiff and your priesthood is NOT of God.

We Christians worship the God-man.

You and your fellows worship the Bread-god, in addition to the pagan goddess you call, ‘Our Lady.’

These are but a few proofs your Church is not Christian.

You’ve been Catfished!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Protestant

Adonia said, “And on and on and on for over 1500 years until one man, Ulrich Zwingli declared otherwise.”

--------------------------------

Your ability to cut and paste awes the intellect.

Next time, I suggest you fact check beforehand.

I quote from The Theology of John Wickliffe (d. 1384):

• Like Like x 1
  3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You still won't say it though. Jesus Christ is Lord.

4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Double standard, How am I obligated to jump through your hoops?

Its not my hoops its holy scripture:

1 john 4
    2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

1 Corinthians 12
    3Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Notice we are still waiting on "Protestant". How may more days we got to wait for him to declare Jesus is Lord?

5. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Petrobusians.
    Named after their founder Peter di Bruys, a Roman Catholic priest who started a reform movement in around 1105. Needless to say, he was burned at the stake by the Church of Rome.
    The Petrobusians:
    1. Denied infant 'baptism,' baptizing only those who made a profession of faith.
    2. They denied the holiness of church buildings or crosses.
    3. The refused to venerate the sign of the cross.
    4. The denied the doctrine of transubstantiation, and the 'mass.'
    5. The denied that any prayers or good works done on earth could benefit those who had already died.

After the martyrdom of Peter di Bruys, Henry of Lausanne, a Benedictine monk, led the movement until he was captured, imprisoned for 'heresy' and almost certainly burned.

Before the invention of printing in around 1450, books could be burned much faster than they could be written, and their writers tended to suffer the same fate, so we have very little evidence of Bible-believing Christians before that time except what was written by their enemy, the Church of Rome. Once the printing press became established, the days of Roman Catholic tyranny were numbered.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can obligate you to do nothing. I merely point you to the Scriptures.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luther was a Catholic priest........dipso facto

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know the methods were extreme in those days and today these men would be simply excommunicated, but the only word to describe them is heretics. You choose to believe the heretics, not the Church - it's as simple as that.

9. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Luther was not wrong in everything, but those who came after him went off the deep end and through the proverbial baby out with the bath water with denying some of the most basic truth's of the Christian faith. It boggles my mind to think you can have faith enough to believe what we all know in reality is an impossibility (a Jewish Virgin impregnated by the Holy Spirit) but cannot believe Jesus's actual words. Jesus would not lie about something as important as this.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you read any of Luthers books? How about Calvins publications? Both provide indepth insight into your questions.

Now with that said, both men are human & both men committed heinous sins like persecution....quite like the Roman Catholic Church did during those very dark days. Anabaptists also were not immune to violence. So far be it from me to throw stones.....but these days I look at myself (for who else can I judge) as a "RADICAL CHRISTIAN"......IE one who goes back to the root/ the original so you wont find me throwing rocks.

11. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My purpose in mentioning the Petrobusians was simply to show that there were 'Protestants before the Reformation,' contra to your claims. There are others I could mention. You call them heretics; I call them martyrs. We both know who killed them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I repeat, why then are you bowing down before idols? 'Though they say, "As the LORD lives," surely they swear falsely.'

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    '"It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing" (John 6:63). In the sense that unbelievers understood Him, Christ says that the flesh profits nothing. His flesh bestows life in a different way, when it is received through the sacrament by those who have faith. Christ makes this clear by saying, "It is the Spirit who gives life." So in the sacrament, His body and blood have an effect which is spiritual in nature. The Spirit gives life, and without the Spirit's effect the sacraments feed the body but cannot feed the soul, which profits nothing. Here arises the question which many express when they say that these things do not happen symbolically but in reality. Those who say this are out of harmony with the writings of the holy fathers. Saint Augustine, the great teacher of the Church, writes in Book III of his work, On Christian Doctrine, as follows: "Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, says the Saviour. and drink His blood, you shall not have life in you." Christ seems to be commanding a shameful crime [ie. cannibalism]. Therefore it is a symbol, requiring that we should faithfully remember that His flesh was crucified and wounded for us." We see that Augustine says that the sacraments of Christ's body and blood are celebrated in a symbolic sense by believers. For he says that to take Christ's flesh and blood in a fleshly sense involves crime, not religion.......
    .........The Saviour and St. Paul teach us that the bread and wine placed on the altar are placed there as a symbol or memorial of the Lord's death
    [Luke 22:19; 1 Corinthians 11:24-25], so that what was done in the past may be called back to memory in the present. This is the purpose of the sacrament: through being made mindful of His sufferings, we are made sharers in that divine gift by which we have been liberated from death........'

[Ratramnus, Concerning Christ's body and Blood 2:31-34, 100-101, written 831 AD]

As late as the mid-11th Century, the question of Transubstantiation was still being debated between Berengar of Tours and Lanfranc of Canterbury. If memory serves, the doctrine did not become official Roman Catholic dogma until the Fourth Lateran Council in 1215.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. utilyan

Site Supporter

The Petrobusians

Is that who you are Brother?

Why do you reject the old testament?

Why do burn Crosses and churches?

I want to hear more about your Baptist Benedictine monk.

Make it up as you go along joke faith.

15. utilyan

Site Supporter

On the Jews and Their Lies <-- Book by Martin Luther. Probably a great read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Jews_and_Their_Lies

16. Protestant

You do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

Have you not read Matthew 7:21?

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

[​IMG]

Praying to graven images is NOT the will of the Father:

You shall have no other gods before Me.

You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me (Exodus 20:3-5).

In your blindness you refuse to see what we Christians so plainly see.......... the overt hatred of God as displayed by your profane father, the Pope of Rome.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Martin Marprelate

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your problem, Utilyan is that you believe your own Romanist historians. Unfortunately, because your cult burned just about every record of the Petrobusians, we are stuck with biased reports by Peter the Venerable and other Romanists.

Still, it's better to burn a cross than to burn a person, don't you think?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

Yeah but everyone who WON'T say will not enter.

You still won't say Jesus Christ is Lord.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

Peter of Bruys was a catholic priest. HIs predecessor is catholic.

How many of you are going to be ordained catholic priests?

A lineage of a different faith doesn't run off to be ordained in a so called "cult".

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.