1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You ever regret something right after you say it?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Bobby Hamilton, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

I'm not talking about an ill will comment, just a "oh shoot, wish I hadn't said that?"

I had an MRI this morning, so when I got to work my wife shot me a text asking how it went.

I had just responded and sat my phone down and I wasn't totally unfocused on that text. My boss walks up to me and goes "what have you got in the hopper" (referring to what kind of leads do I have for life insurance for the month) and I said "nothing".

While it's kind of true (the hopper is low), I immediately regretted saying that to him. :tonofbricks:

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot imagine anyone who has lived that has not found themselves in that situation.

3. Bobby Hamilton

Bobby Hamilton New Member

LOL. Yep.

Open mouth, insert foot.

I mean, I've said a lot of stupid things over the years, things I've regretted. But dang it, my boss caught me at an weird moment and I didn't really get to think my answer through.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I am just thankful I only have 2 feet.

5. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

All the time :laugh: Glad I'm not the only one.

I was talking earlier today with a coworker about recent conversations with some clients, where I've said stupid things. I told him I need to reread James 3, over and over again.

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of speaking without thinking first and regret a lot of what I say. Also, what I say is sometimes taken wrong--I suppose mainly because of how I say it.

7. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

No. Not me. Never. :saint:

8. Carolina Baptist

Carolina Baptist Active Member

Man, I wish I hadn't said that :D

9. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

I never have had foot in mouth disease........I go the whole hog and put the Crosby Shoe Factory in:tonofbricks::laugh:

10. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Yes. I mean nope.Oh crap, I guess so.

11. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

I just remembered a REALLY BIG one. Years ago my wife and I were still raising 5 kids. She was a stay at home mom homeschooling the kids. I had a decent paying job outside the home as the only source of income. I believe it was on my birthday that as she handed me a gift from her I soooo stupidly said, "So, what did I buy myself this year?" Even now I can feel the sorrow and pain I felt at causing her such pain. I have such an excellent wife. That day I stuck both feet into my mouth clean up to my *** cheeks.

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Oh yeah! I did it just this weekend in fact.

I was at the drive through at a local pizza place. Usually there is girl right there, but this weekend they must have been shorthanded so I was waiting and of course watching for the girl to appear. So here comes this girl, not the usually one, out of the back and before she sees me she stops at the trash can and pushes the trash down further into the can. :eek: Then she looks up, sees me at the window and instead of just signalling me to wait a moment, while she washed her hands, she comes right to the window! :eek: She asks "can I help you?" and I said "yes but wash your hands before you touch my food." I wasn't even nice about it. I don't regret telling her to wash her hands, but I do regret not being nice about it. :eek:

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I do it too often so when I recently had a meeting about my job and some issues I was having, I prayed for God to put a hand over my mouth when needed. Fortunately, I regret some things I didn't say rather than things I did say. :)

14. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Also I haveposted something & ate crow later down the line. Jesus is good at opening our eyes in a big way.