1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You have got to see this website.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Jailminister, May 6, 2004.

1. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

Click Here

Then scroll down to the bottom left and read the warning.

2. C.R. Gordon

C.R. Gordon New Member

"Content Warning for Children:

This Bible may contain material not suitable for children."

hmmmm..yeah we don't want our kids reading that book it may result in them getting saved...they are so thoughtful to let us know about this!!

retards!

3. Brett

Brett New Member

Haha.

Well, when you think about it, it's kinda true.

We Christians often complain about the violence in various movies and then ignore their redeeming qualities, but we never seem to apply that (wrongful, IMO) standard to the bible (as well we shouldn't). The OT is incredibly violent, and if I had children, I wouldn't want them reading some of that stuff until they reach a certain age. This doesn't mean I won't share with my children the Bible and thus the glory of our Lord, but I would do it in such a way as to teach them the message of Jesus first, using the Gospels, and then when they're older and can handle it better, share with them the Old Testament.

There's no denying that the OT is one of the more violent works of history, and some of it is definitely not suitable for smaller children.

Consider Exodus 29:11-36 - is this really material suitable for children?

Again, I am definitely NOT advocating that we hide the bible from children until they're older; the Gospel of Christ should be shared at the earliest possible age. But it is undeniable that certain biblical passages are inappropriate for small children.

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When was the last time you heard a preacher preach on the Song of Solomon in detail with children present? My I have heard do not come close to the explicitness of that book.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw his glory, glory as an only begotten from a father, full of grace and truth.

What does this teach about the deity of Christ?

6. mioque

mioque New Member

"When was the last time you heard a preacher preach on the Song of Solomon in detail with children present?"
    A couple of weeks ago.
    Overhere we are more concerned about the violent parts and less concerned with a bit of harmless eroticism.