1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

you have to watch this... Amazing..only 5 mins of your time

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 10, 2008.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

Just ANOTHER thread where BB lets a hate filled man run more people away from this site. Does anybody else notice that the BB numbers keep getting smaller and smaller? I don't even try to post much anymore because of the fooishness they let him get by with.

#41 JerryL, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  2. christianyouth

christianyouth New Member

I would say it has to do with the posting standards. I don't mean this as an insult, but the majority of posts that go on here are assertions, people speaking past each other. Seldom is a subject actually dealt with. Also, there seems to be a laziness about this board(i'm one of them). A good topic comes up, and we already discussed it 2 times before, and most of us just think, "What's the point in going over this AGAIN?".

Think of the Lordship Salvation topics. Basically, me,SFiC, Brother Bob and a few others, way back in the day, had talked about repentance. I did an exhaustive historical study. EXHAUSTIVE. I went through all of the great evangelists I could think of, and looked at how they preached repentance. Sent out the challenge that people who were going for the definition of repentance that's rather new, if they could show me ANYONE in Church history, any confession, and creed, who defined repentance in the way they have, BEFORE 1850 with Charles Finney. Did this receive any response?

What happened? *crickets*
    No response. No one has yet provided me with a quote from church history that defines repentance the way that modern evangelicalism has. Does this prove Lordship Salvation? Not at all. But it should be a cup of cold water in the face and cause us to study up.

I think if we raise the bar on our posts, and not just make empty conjectures, we can see the BB flourish once again.

ps. I speak to myself too, i've been guilty of throwing out a few lines here and there. It's pure laziness.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Rarely I have much interest in such skits, and have felt little of the real message of Christ through them and I surprised myself to even take a look at the link…………..but I am glad you shared this with the list. I was moved in my spirit and felt the power of God unleashed as I watched it. I believe God can use this simple short skit for the furtherance of the gospel, especially among teens to whom it is targeted. May God’s Kingdom be advanced as it is viewed!

Thanks again Taliu for sharing it!:thumbs:

4. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I go to a "new age" church by "mosts" standards but, we are very Lordship Salvation orientated, and have a very narrow, historical concept of repentance, all the while playing CC music and having a seminary educated Pastor.:thumbs: I tend to stay away from topics that flourish with opinions formed by man with "no context" posting of Scripture to show that opinion "right" with God and not allowing historical and contextual exegesis of Scripture.

#44 JerryL, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2008
  5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can hardly wait for my daughter (14) to wake up, so she can see it....Wonderful

I'm trying to cast it in our church, as I write this.

6. North Carolina Tentmaker

So what?

I don't mean that in a flippant way christianyouth, I just mean so what if no one responded. You still did the study and you still learned and you defined your own belief.

If the purpose of our debate/argument is to persuade others to come to our line of reasoning I am afraid you are going to be disappointed often. But if the purpose is to strengthen and define our own beliefs then I would say you have done well.

Many points I have argued on this board did not result in changing anyone else's opinion or mind, but it has helped me define my own beliefs and why I believe them. No longer is it just because I feel such and such but now I have more biblical authority and support for my positions, even when I disagree with you or other BB members.

Don't be discouraged, your not wasting your time.

As to the subject on this thread. A group did this skit for us on an Emmaus walk our community did this last weekend. It was great. More moving in person than on the video.

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Excellent point!:thumbs: "Study to show THYSELF approved unto God"