1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You knew this was coming

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have election problems in this country and we've been at it for over 200 years. It is not surprising that Iraq has election problems.

Also, there are some of us who aren't tied to any political party that have problems with some of the actions of the Bush administration.

3. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I don't know anyone that doesn't have some problems with this administration, but it still is a huge step toward the good side by comparison.

And you were "tied" to the republican party at one point, til the heat began being applied by the leftists. You melted.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iraqis have paid attention to American news reports.

Democrats have taught Iraqis that , if they can't win an election fairly, complain that it was stolen.

5. MatthewHenry

MatthewHenry New Member

Trust me, if the Dem's were in office, the Republicians would be on the fox hunt as well.

MH :D

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, it was independent thinking on my part about the policies of the GOP, particularly the Bush administration, that moved me to become an independent, even though I listen to Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity on the radio.

7. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

Still wanting Bush's right hand "man" for president while saying that Bush has put us on the road to dictatorship is being independent alright. Independent from reason!

FFRRRREEEEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM! (from reason)

I did enjoy that freedom bit, which is why I co-opted it.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a member of the administratoin, Condi Rice has to agree with the president publicly, or else resign.

She apparently has a libertarian streak, as I do, that I would not be surprised may cause her to question privately these actions by the president.

9. Bunyon

Bunyon New Member

"that I would not be surprised may cause her to question privately these actions by the president."--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FFFRRRRRREEEEEEDDDDDOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM! (from grand and convenient assumptions) [​IMG]

10. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Using that logic, anybody would be qualified to be the Sec of State. You make it sound as if she was the only person who would agree to promote the President's personal agenda. She doesnt work PR for some Hollywood producer, she is the Secretary of State.

Secretary Rice has her own intellect and diplomatic style that has guided this President through the most trying of times. There is always a time to let your professional opinions be known, but when he decides on a message and it is not "yours", its for the good of the country, not some personal motivation. Anybody who believes different should prob go back to 8th grade civics class or just stay out of government work altogether.

11. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

That wouldn't be the best pitch if you're trying to tout her brains and judgement.

12. standingfirminChrist

ya know, rather than put our president down, how about following the Bible and pray for him?

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Every day. Twice a day, if you can. He needs it more than most.