1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You Know Your Campaign Is In Trouble When...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Martin, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Martin,
    I watched the slide show, and guess missed why he is in trouble other than he barely shows in the polls. He may have been an ok candidate. I really know very little about him.

There is no doubt in my mind the Republicans will nominate Giuliani or Romney, unless Thompson does better than I think. There is also no doubt in my mind they will lose to the Democratic nominee.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In today's political scene, it may men that "you know you're right" when no one shows up.

or

The media doesn't love you.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I have little doubt that the 'campaigns' of most of the "Presidential" candidates are not going very far. Unfortunately, rhetoric and perception too easily trumps reality, these days.

Regardless of whether or not I agree or disagree with any and/or all of them (in either major or any "minor" parties, or even potential independants), my personal opinion is that the Republican party nomination will be determined among Mayor Guiliani, Governor Romney, Senator Fred Thompson, with an outside chance for Governor Huckabee. I simply do not see Senators Brownback or McCain, Congressmen Hunter, Paul, or Tancredo (Governors Tommy Thompson and Gilmore have already dropped out, and who exactly is Mr. John H. Cox, for I simply do not know??) making much headway here, despite some (or all) who may be more qualified and experienced (and some probably are) than some of the leaders.

The Democratic nomination, IMO, will be determined among Senators Clinton and Obama with possibly some impact from Sen. Edwards and Governor Richardson who have ouside chances should one or both the other two falter. I simply do not see the runs of Senators Biden, Dodd or Gravel, or Representative Kucinich going very far, either. That could change a bit, should Sen. Dodd make a big splash early on in NH, near his home, or Senator Edwards take a big victory in SC, but I simply do not see either happening. Again, some of those may well be far more qualified and or experienced (and probably are) than some of the leaders.

Arguably, the four most qualified and experienced candidates might well be Senators McCain, Biden, Dodd, and Representative Paul. Does any have a very good shot? Probably not, IMO. And I would lay very short odds that the election will not be between any two of the four, for President, were I a betting man.

The list of historical candidates who did not get the nominations or win the election is a long list, over 220 years. It will add several more names for 2008.

Ed

#4 EdSutton, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #5 carpro, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2007
  6. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Brownback and Huckabee really have not compromised and yet they get no luv which tells me a lot of evangelicals just fall into the world and vote for the super star or the one who is well moneyed. It is not fair and reveals a part of the evangelical world as disingenuous.

More and more people should be behind Sam Brownback and Mike Huckabee they have not flinched but I think a lot of Christians have.

http://www.godtube.com/

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mike "Governor Busybody" Huckabee as my governor was soft on crime(the Wayne Dumond case was atrocious), soft on illegal immigration(wanted to give their children taxpayer funded college scholarships), and was a tax raiser.

He would never get my vote in 2008 for dog catcher in an all cat town.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No, the idiots will nominate Romney or Giuliani and ensure a Democratic victory. In reality, there would be no difference. I would vote for either of the two you mentioned, but never for Giuliani or Romney, or any other Bush type candidate.