1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You still own the farm

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by reformedbeliever, Mar 22, 2007.

1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Thank you bro. Allan for your defense of me. I do disagree with my bro. John. God is not the author of sin. He does create evil in the form of calamity in His righteous judgement. Whether we are calvinist or non calvinist, we all have the problem of God allowing people to come into existence knowing they will never receive Jesus as Lord. It is our problem however, and not God's.
    I intend to ask Him someday.... but He may just say "who are you man to answer back to God". I believe that He does have the right to dispose of His creation as He sees fit. It is His.
    I believe that satan and his angels are some of God's hardest working agents. God uses evil for His glory. The story of Joseph for example. God's Word says that God can not sin, so I believe it. God is big enough to use whatever means to accomplish His purposes without being the author of sin.
    Thank you bro. Allan. You still own the farm. I'll be gone for a few more days. I miss the bb. I need to feed my addiction.......lol.

2. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

I don't see the difference unless you argue that sin is man's decision to do evil though his free will. In that case this is an interesting perspective.

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

At first I was trying to figure out what you were talking about? :laugh:

Then I remember my comment that "I would bet the farm Reformed..."

My wife just had our 4th child (daughter) last week and her parents are coming in tomarrow evening so I will be away for a bit as well. But their IS that nagging twitch of the fingers isn't there :laugh:

But seriously, I was just speaking truth from what I remembered.

I believe God is the author of choice, not sin.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

My niece and nephew, along with my wife and I, (and the bank), "own" two farms. Does that count?
    (Actually, the bank only has an interest in one of them.)

Ed

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do ant farms count :)

6. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Allan still owns the farm? That's great news. Thank you for letting him know, RB. :godisgood: