1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You thought Peter Popoff was gone?...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alive in Christ, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

2. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This is not new stuff. He's been doing this for years. And getting by with it for years.

A lot of the Word/Faith folks do stuff like Peter Popoff. They all have some variation of the same old ploy. Their message is always the same. Send me money God will give you back more. God wants you to be rich (be he wants me to be richer, so send your money).

One of those folks called up my daughter several years ago, asking for a seed offering that God would multiply back to her.
    She said "You really do believe this, don't you?"
    "We sure do."
    "Well," said my daughter, "if it works so well, why don't you send me a thousand dollars and God will give you several thousand back."
    "Uh, it doesn't quite work that way."

"I thought you said you believed all this."

Click.

#2 Tom Butler, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2011
  3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Tom,

Yeah, I know he was around for many years, but after he was caught using the little radio reciever, with his wife feeding him information, I never saw him on TV anymore. I thought he was gone for good.

I guess enough people have forgotten about him, and a new crowd are being duped.

4. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Love it. hahaha