1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "You were born to be adored"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by annsni, Feb 17, 2013.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, they are not worthless to me but they are MY children. They are not loved by me because they are "worthy" or of any right other than they are my children. Those outside the body of Christ are not God's children and we do not see one verse in all of Scripture that say that God died for us because we are worthy.

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

We don't have to do anything to be worthy, because we already are. Worth isn't tied up in our behavior. The cross proves our worth to the Father. You don't save something that's not worth saving. Ownership gives worth to something.

Yet the Father sent His Son to die for all of them.

You may not see one verse of scripture that says "God died because we are worthy", but it is painted all over His Letter to us. From Genesis to Revelation, God's attention is toward us whom He sees as worthy to save.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul agrees with you here, for while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, the godly for the ungodly!

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess its how one views worth. How about Matthew 10:29-31?

#24 webdog, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2013
  5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I don't see in that passage that we were saved because we were worth it. Instead in the context I see that a cheap sparrow that is worth only a half a penny doesn't fall to the ground without the Father's knowledge and we are worth more than that.

But let's look at the context. The verse before it says:

"Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

After, it says:

" “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."

I don't think that the "you are of more value than the sparrow" means that Jesus died because we are of such wonderful value - but instead, it's showing that God watches us too, just like the sparrow.