1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your exercise of choice?

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by SaggyWoman, Jan 18, 2013.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yep. I find that sitting the trot gives me even more of a workout and posting makes it "easier" on me (I guess because I've done it for 40 years!) I'm working at my balance, body awareness, arms (the horse I ride has a heavy head and very much likes you to carry it for him, thank you very much), plus squeezing with the legs over and over again to get him to move FORWARD! My entire body is working and even in the 20 degree weather the other day, I wanted to take my coat off because I was sweating!

2. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I wish I could get out to walk more so I guess gardening is the closest I come to regular exercise .

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Walking. I set a goal of 200km a month. As of today I am on 1870km for 2013.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Insanity is my new course. On my second time through. In the best shape of my life.

5. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

wow, 200 km a month......oh my, my walking is pathetic then, well then I have a goal now thank you c4k. I have been creaking about, with sciatic pains and my left arm goes all numb with exercise sometimes, which is annoying. However, I have LOST 2 inches around my middle which is not to be sneezed at....:thumbs:

Rev. Mitch, I love the photo......particularly of note is the background view, is the ground REALLY grey.....that seems exotic to me. Here, in Wanganui, being on the west side of the North Island sand is black, while to the east it is golden. The town is at the mouth of the Whanganui River and it is very sandy all about.

When I lived in Queensland, the earth was mostly very red.

I am impressed with the contributors who have actual exercise gear in their homes, you must be very focussed to invest in such items.

Is that you Ann on the very pretty horse?

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You have started - that is nothing to feel pathetic about. Once I got my regimen going my sciatic and other back pain just about quit. As long as your doctor says it is okay just stick with it. It will come.

ANYTHING is better that coach potatoism :)

I started with a goal of 100km a month, then 150, then 200.

I am lucky. I live very close to a canal and the walk is quiet and beautiful

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#26 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I could totally handle that walk! What a gorgeous (and safe) path!

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

And I can walk as far as 8km (round trip) without getting on a dangerous road

9. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    C4K, that looks like the place where Father Lonergan was fishing in The Quiet Man.

10. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought it was extreme mental distress! :)

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I bike and use exercise bands (resistance cords). I do much more of the former --have to get more regular with the latter.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, you asked my exercise of choice, and if I had my druthers, I'd be...

[​IMG]

Surfing! I grew up in Florida and surfed whenever there were waves. I was always in shape when I surfed. This photo is an old friend of mine that I grew up surfing with. He was a competition surfer and very good.

Last time I surfed was with my younger brother about 15 years ago in Avon, N.C. We were both very rusty, but we managed to catch a few waves and could still ride.

Nowadays the only exercise I get is walking, although I do a little skateboarding now and then. Got to be careful though, falls hurt much worse than they used to.

13. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you for the lovely photos C4K .......I had a go posting, but failed....

14. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I walk and bike. I have a bench and some weights in the basement that I don't use much - I really should lift again, I felt way better when I did on a regular basis.