1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Your Hero Nero

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The end of the world is not in view at all. As I've explained again and again, this is specifically about the end of the Old Covenant system. The futurist view you hold on to is not based on an accurate understanding of prophecy.

We will just go back and forth on this with both of us insisting that he is right and the other is wrong. Neither of us are making any fresh or new arguments.

As I've told you before, I have earnestly prayed for discernment of the truth when I first learned of the partial preterist view. I certainly would not have taken such a dramatic shift in my eschatological position unless the Holy Spirit had revealed the truth of it to me.

I would rather suggest that the futurist view only makes sense if you make up gaps in time and force certain interpretations into the passages.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The prophecies are almost-entirely LITERAL, which leaves only ONE way to understand them - AS WRITTEN. God's word is full of absolutes; otherwise, man could make it into whatever they pleased. Preterists attempt to do that very thing.

I don,t, cuz there's simply no changing the TRUTH.

I believe you';d better "test the spirits" as Scripture says. The HOLY SPIRIT would NOT teach men a LIE such as preterism. You're eaten up by the junk those pret authors have published, so your prayer is that you're wanting their quackery to be right insteada asking for the TRUTH.

3. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I just replied on the "Dispensationalist" post, we may as well drop this. We will not agree, and there is simply no point in dragging this out any further.

4. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you have a right to be wrong.
    But again, believing Nero was the beast in the face of a trainload of unassailable Scriptural & historical EVIDENCE that he was NOT the beast is irrational.