1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your Thin-Skinned President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 9, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/05/27/obama-the-thin-skinned-president/

Obama is among the most thin-skinned presidents we have had, and we see evidence of it in every possible venue imaginable, from one-on-one interviews to press conferences, from extemporaneous remarks to set speeches.

The president is constantly complaining about what others are saying about him. He is upset at Fox News, and conservative talk radio, and Republicans, and people carrying unflattering posters of him. He gets upset when his avalanche of faulty facts are challenged, like on health care. He gets upset when he is called on his hypocrisy, on everything from breaking his promise not to hire lobbyists in the White House to broadcasting health care meetings on C-SPAN to not curtailing earmarks to failing in his promises of transparency and bipartisanship.

In Obama's eyes, he is always the aggrieved, always the violated, always the victim of some injustice. He is America's virtuous and valorous hero, a man of unusually pure motives and uncommon wisdom, under assault by the forces of darkness.

It is all so darn unfair.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a real business, it is consistent performance & measured results that matter ..... in both categories Barry fails. And he wonders why people criticize him. Don't cry Barry, I'm sure God likes you.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, Clinton always had language that was consisten with an "approval-seeker" as David Gergen has observed. So did Nixon. But I hear you. a paper President is not what we need right now.

But I have to correct you: he's my thin-skinned president, as well as yours. He's ours, unless he's voted out.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, he needs to go talk to former President Bush (W). You can say lots of good or bad about President Bush, but he never whined like a little crybaby when people criticized him, which was continuous. Obama is an amateur.

#4 Winman, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Well, Bush did a bit. But I don't recall Bush taking time out of lobbying for a pro basketball player and dithering on an oil catastrophe to fire a guy who hurt his feelings (which, btw, I support. You can't have a man in uniform publicly criticizing the Commander in Chief).

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like he's already there.