1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your view on abortion

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 29, 2008.

?
  1. Abortion is wrong.

65 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Abortion is wrong only after 3 months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Abortion is wrong only after six months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Abortion is wrong only if the one carrying the baby thinks it is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. There is nothing wrong with abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ann,

I've been reading this from the sidelines. I've 'bout decided that you're not going to get a straight answer from him.

I guess if it was his wife or daughter, he's just sit back and let them all die.

How sad.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

I am aware of a case around here where the husband refused medical treatment for his wife in the hospital. The hospital contacted Adult Protective Services and a worker was able to get the Courts to issue an order to save her life.

The Spouse can be prosecuted by law if the Court's order doesn't arrive in time and the patient who was healthy otherwise and would have fully recovered, dies unnecessarily. It's sometimes a very slippery slope. When I worked in CPS for a while, they got Court orders within hours upon medical issues regarding parents refusing treatment for their kids and sometimes even adults. These individuals would be known to fully recover with the treatment and live productive lives.

This example of a utopic (sorry for the spelling error) pregnancy, where the child would die for sure and the Spouse deliberatly chooses his wife to die also through refusing medical treatment would fall under that IMO.

#182 Joe, Apr 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2008
  3. standingfirminChrist

An ectopic pregnancy as in the scenario annsni has put forth where the woman is in excruciating pain is not a abortion case at all... even though she claims it is.

If it is that far along, the fetus is already dead. A doctor saving the mother at that point is not performing an abortion of a live fetus. So that is a no-brainer.

Again, God allows a woman to get preganant for what reason? By most of the answers so far it would appear that He gave life so man could destroy it.

If you think I am prideful for believing the Word of God, you are sadly mistaken.

God never gives a person a baby so that person can turn around and kill it...NEVER!

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope, sorry SFIC. The baby is not dead but happily implanted in the wrong place and growing hearty and healthy. The removal of the baby from the tube will kill the child - disconnecting it from the nutrients of it's mother and stopping it's heart. It is technically an abortion. Look it up and maybe study it.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

don't count on it...:BangHead:

6. standingfirminChrist

Then if it is alive, man has no right killing it. As I said, God had a reason for allowing it to attach itself there. And I don't believe it was so man could kill it.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...so you would stand by and watch your wife die? :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

8. standingfirminChrist

God has a reason for putting the fetus there. It is His will.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Then you are admitting you would MURDER your wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Standing by and doing NOTHING knowing someone will die without your assistance is MURDER!!!!!!!! You would go to prison for something so immoral. You sound just like the christian science advocates.

Moderators...isn't christian science a damnable heresy? Why should this junk be allowed on the BB?

#189 webdog, Apr 9, 2008
  10. standingfirminChrist

Since when did believing God's Word and obeying it become a damnable heresy and Christian Science?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...since your interpretation of God's Word was posted here.

12. standingfirminChrist

I have not seen one verse that states abortions are ok, only man's opinion that they are.

I, on the other hand, have produced scripture to state God gave that life and to destroy innocent life is abomination in God's eyes.

You can accuse me all you want, but God's Word stands. Abortion is murder.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

And watching your wife die is too.

14. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Last time I looked, I'm still alive and well and past the age of childbearing.

15. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Consider yourself blessed that you were never in that situation. Your husband would have allowed you die a horrible death.

16. standingfirminChrist

Or God could honor faith and move the fetus miraculously.

17. Joe

Joe New Member

It appears intent is the key here as to whether the Lord considers it murder. He references murder/killings to evil intentions such as hate. And calls it of the evil one.

You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it. John 8:44

You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not murder,' and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, "Raca!" shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire."This is the message you have heard from the beginning: we should love one another, unlike Cain who belonged to the evil one and slaughtered his brother" (1 John 3:11-12)

Choosing to save the Mother's life over the babies in a very difficult situation is not harboring "evil intent" though it may be the wrong choice in the eyes of our Lord.
    Imo, it is not the same as cold blooded murder which requires evil intent.

Our Military fight to save our lives, yet it is not considered "murder" due to the fact it is in self-defense which is not considered evil intent. A mother who chooses her life over her babies could be similar, it is partially self-defense. Yet it may be God's will she give up her life for her babies. Seems there are many factors to consider, and much prayer before making such a difficult decision.

#197 Joe, Apr 9, 2008
  18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...or God could test you to see if your unerstanding of His Word is dead wrong.

19. standingfirminChrist

So you think God gives some people a baby just for the purpose of killing it?

And you accuse me of not understanding His Word.

20. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

CAN God move a baby that's implanted in the wrong place? Certainly God can do anything. I know one woman who's placenta was so damaged that there was no way for it to support what turned into a healthy baby. The doctors were stumped.

However, many women have died from ectopic pregnancies and it's amazing to think that it's better to let them die - and all of the future babies that are in their future - than to make the decision to end the pregnancy since it's not viable. I know a number of women who had ectopic pregnancies and had the surgery to remove the baby who have gone on to have further pregnancies that did result in viable babies. Was that a mistake? Why did God bless them with another child - or in some cases multiple children if what they did was wrong - and if it were God's will, He could have allowed that baby to have implanted properly?