1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your view on abortion

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by SaggyWoman, Mar 29, 2008.

?
  1. Abortion is wrong.

65 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. Abortion is wrong only after 3 months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Abortion is wrong only after six months.

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Abortion is wrong only if the one carrying the baby thinks it is wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. There is nothing wrong with abortion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other answer

10 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

:tear: That's terrible! I can't even imagine it. Sounds like a Monday night movie. I think I knew that earlier, but forgot. You seem like such a strong person, no wonder.

A bonus is pretty people live in a whole different world. They bat their eyelids and the opposite sex comes running. You were a looker (sorry but I know by the way you talk, and your posts even if you disagree). And you were 10 years younger than I am now. Big difference between 26 and 36 yrs old. I could start gaining weight and going bald anytime now, pushing middle age here...
    When I say we can't live without her, I am serious. She is in my soul, so remarriage and happiness is impossible. We are like two peas in a pod.
    Living is not an option if I choose otherwise, and breathing is not living imo if your soul is dead.

Those widows who live "alive and well", that's very nice when it happens. Except it's not possible for everyone imo.

#221 Joe, Apr 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2008
  2. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

Abortion is murder plain and simple at any stage!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

To me, abortion is absolutely wrong. However, in those TRUE cases of the mother will die if the pregnancy isn't ended (thus the child will die too), then I think it's a case of choosing the lesser of two evils.

In the case of ectopic pregnancy or something like eclampsia where there's nothing you can do but deliver the baby or mom dies NOW, I really think there's no choice to be made here. At the end you have 2 dead or one dead and one alive. What do you choose? Save one or lose both?

However, I do think that there are chances for that baby if it's not a case of immediacy as in the two cases I posted (and I'm sure there are others like a ruptured uterus, or other immediate medical cases), and you can possibly get that baby to a point of being able to make it. I saw my friend today who's son was born at 27 weeks and is now 9 months old and is doing wonderfully. A few weeks earlier, he wouldn't have made it. If it's at all possible to get to a point where that baby might have a chance to make it, then I think all avenues should be taken to try.

But bottom line, one life or two? To me, it's a no-brainer.

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

As the kids would say, duh. I think 99% of the people on the board agree with you. But I think you are banging your head against the wall when discussing with the 1%.

5. standingfirminChrist

Remember, it was the small numbers God always worked with.:thumbs:

6. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I thought you were done with this thread.

7. standingfirminChrist

Ron may be, but I am not. I get on Ron's pc for just a couple and him in trouble.

#227 standingfirminChrist, Apr 11, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  8. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

It is against BB rules to post under another member's name...

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I AM PRO- CHOICE !!! :rolleyes:
    I say if a baby chooses abortion, then I say go ahead and let him be aborted; and the baby is the only one that should be allowe to choose!!

I get sick and tired of people using terms that are confusing. If someone is pro-abortion, then why are they afraid to say so?

See L.E.F.T.

Salty

PS If a women is pro-choice (I have the right to decide over my body) then she MUST be agianst the seat belt law

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Me too, Salty!

I am pro-choice, but I think the woman needs to make the choice to say "NO" before she gets pregnant...then abortion won't be an issue.

There is no reason, in this day and age, for an unwanted pregnancy. There are too may ways available to avoid it. The main one being abstinence. Although unpopular, it is the best way (unless you are married and then there are still many forms of contraception)!

Abortion is wrong. Women who don't want babies need to stop getting pregnant in the first place. If they do get pregnant, they should carry the baby full term and give it up for adoption. There are so many barren couples who would love to have a child to cherish.

11. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I voted "other", only because as with a lot of polls I see, my option wasn't listed. I am dead against abortion in any way, except in the case of saving the life of the mother. If having the baby will cause imminent death of the mother because of carrying the baby or delivering the baby, I am for it.

12. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I heard Janet Folger speak last night at a banquet for First Choice Women's Center last night. She was an amazing speaker. Has anyone ever heard her before?

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Careful: that logical and well-thought out position will get you labeled "murderer" by some here. :BangHead:

14. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Abortion is wrong. Abortion is murder. It is a life fearfully and wonderfully made, and and we do not have the right to end it, even if the life of the mother to be is in danger. If God has it in His plans to end that life, that is His decision, for whatever reason. Mine were born at 35 weeks, with no problems relating to their prematurity, although my doctor wanted me to "reduce". I spent a month agonizing and crying over it, then I decided to just leave it in God's hands, and not make the decision myself to reduce. He blessed me with three healthy boys for it. I couldn't imagine my life without them now.

love,

Sopranette

15. GoodJobGuy

GoodJobGuy New Member

Abortion is 100% wrong. God made us for a reason. Everyone that was for slavery was free, and everyone that is for abortion has already been born. Life starts a conception, not 3 months later or 6. Muder of someone that has done nothing wrong, is a sin and wrong.

16. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Good job guy, and welcome to the BB (bed and breakfast).