1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Your views on the issues?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by evenifigoalone, Jan 3, 2020.

1. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My current political views:
    Climate change: helping the Earth certainly can't hurt, and we ARE told in the Bible to be stewards of the Earth
    Illegal immigration: think it should be dealt with, but changing the immigration laws could also make legal immigration easier than it is
    Gun control: no
    Welfare: necessary
    Taxes: necessary, but there is certainly such a thing as being overtaxed
    Healthcare: unsure
    Abortion: prolife
    Gay marriage: pro gay marriage
    Religious freedom to refuse service: unsure
    Marijuana: legalize it

In short, my political alignment..... No man's land

I'm sure there's others that haven't come to mind, but yeah
    Your turn

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Climate change: This has been going on since the earth was formed, there is nothing new or un-natural about it. The question is, is it a result of what man has done or is it the result of a natural phenomena - like the shifting of the magnetic poles or the sun's activity?

Illegal Immigration: This needs to be stopped immediately and those here without permission retuned to their home countries. We should put a moratorium on legal immigration to give us a period of time to figure things out.

Gun control: No.

Welfare: Not authorized by the Federal Constitution. The individual states can have such a program if they wish.

Taxes: The current system is a violation of the Constitution as people are not treated equally. The "Flat Tax" or the "Fair Tax" would be lawful - everyone should have to pay something.

Healthcare: Not authorized by the Federal Constitution.

Abortion: Not authorized by the Federal Constitution. It was made up out of whole cloth and forced on the nation by unelected Judges.

Gay marriage: Same sex or opposite sex - another thing not mentioned as a Federal power in the U.S. Constitution. As per the 10th Amendment, it belongs to the individual states to decide.

Religious freedom to refuse service: Yes.

Marijuana: Another thing that belongs to the individual states to decide. Yes, I am for legalization.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does God say to us would be in his sight though a valid marriage? Should a nation obey Him or not in this area?

4. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you on welfare, gay marriage, and marijuana.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Illegal immigration - Send'em back.All immigrants should be thoroughly vetted, as other nations do.
    Gun control - No. Couldn't be enforced, as there are more guns than people in the US.
    Taxes - Should be reduced, as well as useless spending, Foreign aid & unfunded mandates should be ended.
    Gay marriage - I don't have one Bible that reads "Adam & Steve".
    Abortion - Only to save the mother's life.
    Healthcare - Put curbs on the prices of RX meds & hospital charges, & keep it private.
    Climate changs - In God's hands, not ours. We can't do anything about it, so why waste time/money ?
    Capital punishment - WAAAAY under-used !
    Bureaucracies - Cut them waaay back! Make them ACCOUNTABLE !
    Term limits for ALL officials - Yes !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What God says and the nation or state says are two different things. While a valid marriage in my opinion can only be between a man and a woman, we do have a secular Constitution that we all live under. As I said earlier, there is no mention of marriage gay or otherwise in the Federal Constitution, therefore under that same Constitution that matter is left for the individual states to decide as per the 10th Amendment. I think the biblical "render unto Caesar" mandate clearly applies here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. alexander284

alexander284 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree with you on this matter!

8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you from scripture defend gay marriage?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Adonai's thoughts on the matter

• Like Like x 1
  10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, you dont really believe in State ordained gay marriage? You believe the State should not ordain any marriage?

11. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kind of funny considering Sodomy was illegal in all the colonies at time of ratificarion and continued to be illegal in the states. The Courts made sodomy legal. The founders had no intention of Constitutionally protecting an illegal act.

#11 Reynolds, Jan 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. poor-in-spirit

poor-in-spirit Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Climate change: Although the leftist's lie's timing maybe close to accurate, their reasoning is the opposite of the truth. Man's rebellion against his Creator is so wide spread and prevalent over the earth now that the earth is groaning and travailing as a woman with child and changing due to the curse of sin as God said it would. As the end gets closer natural disasters will increase exponentially. Jesus referred to this as the "beginning of sorrows".

Illegal immigration: Leftists want open borders for one reason only: to change the face of the national electorate. So in essence the country and all of it's far too busy, normal people are being undermined by illegal voters now and it will get much worse.

Gun control: The globalist's have no interest in disarming street gangs, illegal aliens or islamic terrorists. They only have interest in disarming dissenters to their progressive "religion". The 2nd Amendment was ratified so that the people cannot be subjected to government tyranny. It was not ratified for merely personal protection or hunting like they continuously claim in ALL MEDIA (including the fake-conservative outlet FOX). The aggressive gun grabs will begin when the left retakes government, stay tuned.

Welfare: Only for citizens and only when vetted and temporary

Taxes: Not for globalist's causes period.

Healthcare: private

Abortion, gay marriage: MURDER and REPROBATE: The globalists pour 100s of millions into the defense of and deception over these agendas. Their goal is only population control and has nothing to do with anyone's rights. To the global elitists, a commoner HAS NO RIGHTS and it offends them that we ever did. They cannot defeat America externally nor can they control the American public overtly so they delude, deceive and manipulate from within.

Religious freedom to refuse service: absolutely

Marijuana: Only if taxed heavily to reduce national debt and strengthen national sovereignty. DUI and public intoxication laws must be enhanced and enforced to compensate.

13. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not quite. I'm not one of those who believe that the government has no place in marriage, there's too many legal benefits such as hospital visitation and other things that don't currently come to mind.
    Legally, I believe in marriage equality. Personally and morally, I think same sex sex and marriage is a sin. But I don't believe the government ought to be a theocracy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Before the Supreme Court ruling in 2003 (Lawrence v. Texas) 27 states, Washington D.C. and 4 territories had legislatively repealed their sodomy laws. So no, it was not the courts in all cases that made sodomy legal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore you would have to also believe that the govt should allow polygamy?

Remember the only reason the (mainline) Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints said they no longer endorsed polygamy was because that was the only way that Utah could be accepted as a State.

There are several groups of splinter Mormon groups that do accept and practice polygamy.

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, we should not legislate morality?

17. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    A conversation I've had before, many a time, and don't feel like rehashing

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of those legislatures removed the law because Their Courts had overturned it. You dont leave overturned law on your books.

19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you dont, because you miserably fail at defending your view.

20. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cry me a river

• Like Like x 1