1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Activities

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by FBCPastorsWife, Oct 17, 2007.

1. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I was just wondering...for all of you that are currently active in a youth group whether you are one of the youth or a leader, what activities do you most enjoy with the group?

Also, what methods of fundraising do you find most effective?

Thanks in advance for your input! :)

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We love to just "do life" with the kids. Have them over to eat - hang out at church with them - get involved in their own likes, etc.

Can't help you with the fund raising - our church doesn't believe in doing fundraisers. :)

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

We are a small church, but we like to have a balance of discipleship, evangelism, servanthood, fellowship and worship with our kids. Things we do outside of regular church stuff:
    Yearly:
    DiscipleNow retreats
    Youth Evangelism Celebration
    MFuge

Once a month we go visit a shut in and take something good to eat, just as a service to them and an effort to bridge the generation gap. A teen always leads the group in prayer for the person.

We do goofy stuff like scavenger hunts, laser tag, and soon we are going to a farm that has a cornfield maze. I wish I could make them watch Children of the Corn before we go lol

4. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

In my youth group one of my favorite games to play is Bigger and Better (thats where you take a penny and go house to house and ask the person if they have something bigger and better that they would be willing to give away.) My youth group went to a youth meeting at another church in another town and this is what we played. The girls and boys had a contest. The biggest thing that the us girls brought back was, I think, a waterbed set. We also brought a small trampoline, a box of shoes, some cadles, etc. The guys were pretty upset and calling us cheaters. The best thing they brought back was a portable grill.

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I love these ideas y'all have listed! Thanks!

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The best thing we do is the annual week long summer mission trip. It gets the kids out of their normal comfort zone and puts them in a totally different environment. They are able to serve others, share the Gospel and grow closer to each other the whole week.

The next best thing is the annual ski trip. The kids have a great time just hanging together & being from Miami, it's great to enjoy some cold weather for a change.