1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Youth Activities

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by securityofficer2008, May 27, 2008.

1. securityofficer2008

securityofficer2008 New Member

I just started working with the youth in my church and was wondering if anyone had some good ideas for youth activities. We want it to stay as fundamental as possible but we would like to promote good Christian Fellowship. I will be very thankful for whatever suggestions that you may have. THANKS!!!

2. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Many of our summer youth activities are tied into missions. Many of our teens are involved in VBS. Our high school kids are going to St. Louis to work in the inner city. For our middle school students, we have a "home" mission trip -- where the students stay on the church campus, but work in our own inner city. We also have teens going on trips to Benin, West Africa and to the Carribean. These trips have so many benefits -- I was a chaperone last year -- and it gets our kids outside their comfort zones. I highly recommend doing something like this.

3. securityofficer2008

securityofficer2008 New Member

Thank you very much for your response. I will keep this in mind as I plan activities for the summer and throughout the year

4. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Our youth groups still meet during the summer months. On Wednesday evenings, our middle school will be meeting in the youth building -- more fellowship than teaching in the summer -- just hanging out. There's plenty to do -- pool tables, air hockey, video games, wii, soccer table, etc. I wish I was a kid these days! For the high school students, one evening each week they have "hang time" our youth pastor's condo. Sometimes they watch movies, sometimes they hit the pool, etc.

Hope this helps.