1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

You've Made Enough

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, May 2, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

President Obama: "Now, what we’re doing, I want to be clear, we’re not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money."

So, in Obama's great world, who gets to decide when "you've made enough"? I don't think he means it should be the people who pay you for the goods and services you provide them in a willing seller - willing buyer transaction. I don't think he means you're own motivation and abilities to earn the most - or the least - you possibly can. I think he means it should be the government through an assortment of programs and policies including extra taxes if you do well. But, of course, we can have some comfort in knowing that Obama's $5 million income won't be the limit! But wait, no we can't be comfortable, because government rules are always complicated by politics to except certain classes of people over others. We can safely assume that he means our income - not his! I think it's best we let the market decide how much is enough. That works better than any other system yet devised.

#1 Dragoon68, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010