1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zach Johnson Wins Masters

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by dh1948, Apr 8, 2007.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

31-year old Iowan, Zach Johnson, won this year's Masters Tournament. When he was being interviewed just prior to receiving the green jacket he expressed thanks to those who helped him prepare for and win the tournament. At the end of his statement he said, (paraphrase: "Most of all I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.")

As usual, the commentators ignored that statement. I have been reading some the wire reports on Johnson's win. So far I have seen none that have reported his statement about Jesus. Am I surprised? No.

Until the past couple of days I had never heard the name Zach Johnson. Regardless, I am proud of him for his boldness for Jesus as he spoke before millions of viewers. May his tribe increase.

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Always good to hear and see someone do that!

3. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

This is always good to hear.

I have followed Zach since he first started playing on the tour. I just liked his personality and style of play. I am glad he not only one a major, but exalted Christ in doing so.

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I didn't see the interview, but good to hear.

I'm impressed with his play down the stretch. No one staves off a Tiger charge (though Tiger didn't do all that much charging). Tiger made one Eagle for his only red number coming in, whereas I think Zach made 3 or 4 birdies.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Tiger's in trouble with his sponsors now.

Because he didn't "finish the deal," one of his sponsors, Buick, is breathing down his neck.

As punishment for not winning, they are going to make him actually drive one of those cars.

{grin}

6. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

R Bell - ROFL

Johnson has been good - ryder cup etc, but in these Tiger days if you are not named Tiger (or one of the big two or three), no one knows who you are. Hopefully he can continue to win, and add another major or two down the road