1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zoegirl

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Oct 20, 2003.

1. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

Hey all!

Once again I am doing some research for my dad. As youth pastor of a S. Baptist Church he needs to make sure that different Christian artists are acceptable to see in concert. We just went up for a concert with Rachael Lampa(charming, by the way) and Geoff Moore(wasn't a fan of his until Friday night, he is so awesome! WHY SHOULD THE DEVIL HAVE ALL THE GOOD MUSIC?!?!!!!!) and they were really good. It was a benifit concert for Conpassion Int.. If they're coming near you I DEFINATELY recommend it! [​IMG]

Anyway I'm researching the group Zoegirl... wanting to know what others think about it and the like... PLEASE post your opinions here! [​IMG] They're coming in Jan, but we want to schedule it in soon!

2. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Disclaimer: I hate pop. Ok, now that that's done with...

I've seen them in concert two or three times, never because I particularly wanted to see them. They are 3 very cute (my brother uses another term having to do with temperature) girls in their low 20's who basically do a normal pop show. They do have dancers and dance themselves; nothing bad, just synchonized dancing. I personally don't like it because I'd rather focus on the music, but whatever people enjoy. Overall I guess their concert's decent as pop music goes, at least it's clean. They're not as talented as Rachel Lampa, but with the group thing it's a different style anyway.

Anything specific you wanted to know? They really are nice girls, I met them because I worked in the autograph booth at Creation when they were signing.

3. UnashamedYouth

Jonathan! Thank you SO MUCH for your response

dad says if you could expand on the "dancing" he'd appreciate it... he doesn't want to be surprised or surprise our pastor(he is starting to enjoy these concert trips... scary! LOL)

4. TeenforChrist

TeenforChrist New Member

Zoegirl is one of my favorite groups.
    Check out their website :D >
    http://www.zoegirlonline.com/home/
    [​IMG] Their newest cd "different kind of free"
    this is the one I'm trying to get [​IMG] !

TFC [​IMG]

[ October 20, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: TeenforChrist ]

5. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

No problem!

Lets see, have you ever seen Carman in concert? The stuff his backup dancers do the same as what Zoegirl does. It's just that cool looking synchronized dancing where they all do moves together. Outside of music the closest I thing would be cheerleading, how they all do their moves in unison and all(though Zoegirl's moves were cleaning than some cheerleading I've seen).

It was all modest and tasteful, I would say it's fine.

6. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Did I mention they used backup dancers? When I saw them they had 4 guys, can't remember if there were any other girls. I was looking at their website that ToC linked to and on their music videos you can see a sample of the type of dancing they do, though I think it is more provocative in the music video than live in concert. And they don't dance the entire time either, though they do bounce around a lot.

7. Kayla

Kayla New Member

8. UnashamedYouth

Kayla, while I agree pop isn't the best... that really doesn't help me! LOL Sometimes my dad has to go out of his genre to make sure the youth group stays happy [​IMG] And while it may not be your thing... you can enjoy these types of things... our pastor isn't into pop at all... but thoroughly ENJOYED the concert last Friday [​IMG]

anyway, thanks Jonathan... dad will have to check out the music videos.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I saw Zoegirl for the first time at a local church last year and I LOVED them!!!!

I think they're great, GOdly, and glorifying!!!!