1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zombie Threads

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by tyndale1946, Jan 6, 2020.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is just a help for those new members who don't know what a zombie thread is... You may be browsing around the board and find a post that may interest you and decide to answer... Now say the last person that posted was in 2006... Chances are the member is no longer here and you are going to be waiting forever for an answer, that will probably never come... If this happens to you and you want an answer then feel free to post the topic again for members now that can help you... And before I forget it, kindly report the zombie thread to an administrator or a moderator online so they can close it ... Thank you... Brother Glen:)

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It might be interesting to address a subject after some time has passed. Perhaps there was a question never answered. Nothing wrong with crediting the person who originally brought up a subject long ago that is still of interest. It’s also fun to see who was posting and what was said and how things might have changed. If someone goes through the trouble of searching out a subject and would like to address the comments made back when and that person doesn’t respond, so what, maybe someone else would also have an interest. That would a NO for me on reporting a thread for the purpose of it to be closed that someone else has found an interest in.

3. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see your point of view but the reason I posted this, is sometimes, someone gets lost on here and they are waiting for an answer... Closing the thread is up to Squire or any other moderator at there discretion, and it is their call, not mine... Reporting a post is not always in the negative, it can be helpful at times too... Brother Glen:)

4. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And here I thought we would have the chance to dialogue with some bona fide zombies. I always miss out on the good stuff.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you're doing a mighty fine there! Maybe you should apply for Moderator?[​IMG]

6. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look in the archives I was one in the C/A Forum back in the day and now I just like to watch the board and help where I can... I really don't care to be one, even if they asked me... Brother Glen:D

7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup, if you really want an update from a non active member in a zombie thread, your best bet would be a direct message and with any luck they'll get an email to an account they still moniter.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zombie threads sounds like my clothing wardrobe....

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, the ole Cal vrs Arm thread from name your date still seems to be running here all of the time!