1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Make me a Christian" TV show

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Sounds like an intersesting show. I'd like to see someone create a show about converting bears into Christians.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

"Make Me a Christian" follows the three-week journey of 13 non-Christians who also include a witch, a Christian-turned-Muslim, an unmarried couple with a child on the way, and a family of six, who volunteered to give up their normal lives and attempt to live like Christians."

They believe a person can be a witch?!

Sounds like it could be dangerous, living with a nutt who thinks they are a witch. Might try some voodoo on your while your sleeping :eek:

4. Joe

Joe New Member

Here's my roommate :D

[​IMG]

5. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Just a pagan ploy to mock "Christians", and there is no out cry. Can you imagine the protests if this same thing was tried with any other world religion?

6. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Good point . If the game show was called " Make me a Muslim"I am afraid contestants would only have two options, be a Muslim or else.

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I watched the programme last night and was impressed by it. They made the participants watch a video of a late abortion and they were quite shocked. I think the witch renounces her withcraft next time. The programme makers I think wanted the participants to have to live Christian lives from a purely legalistic ethical point of view (ie: nothing overtly spiritual) but the four ministers were obviously not playing that game and managed to squeeze the Gospel in at every available opportunity. Info on one of the ministers is here

#7 Matt Black, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008
  8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Of the other three ministers, details can be found on Jo Jepson here, her home church being here, and Wale Babatunde's Elim Pentecostal Church is here

More info on the programme generally can be found here

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

Joe, there are witches, it's a religion called wiccan. No one thinks they are the classic witch we've all seen in movies or cartoons, black pointed hat, flying on a broom, with a wart on their nose(well maybe they have one, lol). But yes, when using the correct defination, there are withches.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

It's been done already. Sorry to disappoint you but there weren't any conversions at the point of a sword

11. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Matt that would be using the "or else" option. What would dissapoint me is if something of that nature were broadcast for entertainment purposes.

12. Matt Black

Site Supporter

So, did anyone else catch the second episode? I found myself increasingly turned off both Hargreaves and the Pentecostal guy, who come across more and more and just judgmental (and in the case of Hargreaves, rather patronising) legalists, but warming to Jo Jepson and Fr John - the latter's exorcism of the white witch, Fay, was done very appropriately and gently, with no hyperbole.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Where have you been, Joe? Wicca and modern Witchcraft have been in the U.S. since the 60s and in the UK since the late 40s at least. I started talking about it in churches in 1995. It's been in high schools and middle schools for over 10 years.

I had witches as clients when I was an astrologer.

I have an article on it on my website:
    http://www.christiananswersforthenewage.org/Articles_Wicca.html

14. Matt Black

Site Supporter

I thought the foot-washing was quite powerful and also good idea taking them to the soup-kitchen.