BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Politics

Politics Discuss national and world politics.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 PM

Default The Bible: a book of hate that will be banned?

If the Sodomites are allowed to be married and their act of copulation is viewed as an alternative lifestyle how long will it take the Bible to be banned since it condemns these actions. Wouldn't it be classified as a book of hate?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:36 PM
15,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivencia View Post
If the Sodomites are allowed to be married and their act of copulation is viewed as an alternative lifestyle how long will it take the Bible to be banned since it condemns these actions. Wouldn't it be classified as a book of hate?
When the Fascists take over we will have a repeat of the book burning in Nazi Germany.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:56 PM

OK .. it's getting bad .. but not THAT bad. The Bible isn't getting banned, c'mon now ..
Old 05-22-2009, 11:14 PM

It will, as will believers
Old 05-23-2009, 05:10 AM

We're currently doing a study of the Old Testament Tabernacle on Wednesday nites

One of the pieces of furnature was called the Laver---------which for Moses and the Hebrews symbolized the Word of God

Aaron and his sons would wash in its water before entering the Holy Place-----to which the Apostle Paul eluded to in the book of Ephesians chapter 5------of washing "in the water of the word" of the which you and I actually DO each time we read the word from the Word

Anyway----back to the Old Testament------over a period of time the Hebrews began to refer to the Tabernacle's Laver as "The Sea of Glass"----sometimes they'd call it "The Glassy Sea"-----or "The Crystal Sea"---sometimes the Prophets would refer to the Laver as "The Sea"

There are a few episodes from the Old Testament------in the books of 1 and 2 Kings---------an evil king named Ahaz---------took the "Sea" and decided to do away with it----by smashing it to bits--------then in the same book-------the Chaldeans did the same----they smashed "The Sea" to bits to try to do away with it

But their efforts to "smash" the "Glassy Sea" were vain-----in that Moses' "Sea" was merely a "Shadow" of the True "Sea" as Moses saw it on Mt. Sinai

What I am aluding to is this------------they can "do away" with the Bible--------BUT------in a real sense--------they CAN'T "do away" with the Bible--------because

The word from the Word----the "Glassy Sea"(our Bible)-----is an intricate part of eternity and is as eternal as its author----Jesus Christ-----study over the book of Revelation-------chapters 4, 15, and 21-----at the phrases referring to the "Glassy Sea"

King Ahaz and those Chaldeans------can smash and smash all they want-----and modern day Ahaz and those modern day Chaldeans and all the g#y perverts out there---wherever they are------can rip and tear and ban the Bible all they want------but the words are still there-----bound up in eternity!!!!!!!! Put it plainly--------long after the modern day Chaldeans are all layed in the ground(funeral-ized)-----the Bible will go on and on and on!!!!!!!

The late, great Dr. Adrian Rogers
Old 05-23-2009, 08:28 AM
20,000 Posts Club

I suspect it is possible, not in the very near future.
Yes blackbird, it will go on and one, but not necessarily be legal to own, which has happened in other countries.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJoJax View Post
OK .. it's getting bad .. but not THAT bad. The Bible isn't getting banned, c'mon now ..
Wake up. http://www.onenewsnow.com/Missions/D...aspx?id=528160
Per Jesus: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:" Matthew 12:25
Keep looking up Christian American - It's going to be a rough ride from here on out!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:22 PM
3,000 Posts Club

I think its going to get a lot worse. Can you imagine the sodomite community seeing this in the current headline?http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/20...l-missing-link Its THEIR GOSPEL of No Judgment! Ironic though...I see it as a left over from the first Judgment...the FLOOD! BTW look at the bottom of the article and you will see posts scoffing our faith in Christianity. Goes hand in hand.
Those who hate the righteous shall be condemned. Psalm 34:21

Last edited by Jedi Knight; 05-23-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyEagle View Post
Wake up? Seriously? Give me a little more of your opinion than that!!! People on here get so defensive .. sheesh.

Anyway .. In my opinion .. The Bible isn't anywhere close to getting BANNED ..

I'm sorry, but sometimes we need to be a little realistic .. there are a lot of people out there who I'm sure would like the Bible banned or dislike Christians and Christianity in general, but it's been that way for a long long long long long long longtime .. and the Bible is still here. Just sayin'.

And that article is pointing to a military policy .. as much as I don't like what they did, they destroyed the Bibles b/c it was against their policy. Like it says at the bottom of the article...

Quote:
U.S. Central Command's General Order Number 1 forbids troops on active duty -- including all those based in Iraq and Afghanistan -- from trying to convert people to another religion.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:28 PM

Actually, you may be right after reading this topic ...

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=59621

Jeez!