BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > Other Christian Denominations

Other Christian Denominations Debate other denominations' doctrines/beliefs here.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:49 AM

Default Does Satan "Win"? Has he already "Won"?

Depending on who to listen to there have been a total of anywhere from 96,000,000,000 (96 billion) to 108,000,000,000 (108 billion) people on this planet. That is from the first human until present time the total amount of people who have ever lived on Earth.
1,000,000,000 Catholics
400,000,000 Unaffiliated Independent Churches
217,000,000 Orthodox believers
350,000,000 Denominationally affiliated Protestants
80,000,000 Anglican
--------------------
This is the answer to "How many Christians are in the world today?" World population is currently at 7,000,000,000 (7 billion)
A little over 29% of the world’s population claim to fit into one of the categories of Christianity. I'm going to put it at 30% for easier calculation. I'm not debating who is really a Christian. I also know that there was no Christianity until approximately 2,000 years ago. BUT to be way overly liberal (mostly to make it easier to calculate) and lacking any numbers I am going to use 30% of the
Total population of 96billion. The question is "If 30% of Earths total population will be with God in heaven forever how many is that, and How many will be in Hell forever? .30 x 96,000,000,000 = 28,800,000,000
28,800,000,000 in heaven. 96,000,000,000 - 28,800,000,000 = 67,200,000,000 in Hell. The Thief comes to Steal, Kill,and Destroy. These figures would appear to indicate that Satan is winning with nothing to change His momentum.
This evokes questions like, "Why did Jesus come anyway?" "What good was His sacrifice if Satan has gotten, and will continue to get what he wants?" Don't think people don't think of these things when considering eternity.

But it is not all about US, US, and US
HE now will be perfectly, wholly, completely worshipped by all of creation including us
Forever, and ever, and ever as the Lamb that was slain, Who is worthy of all praise
Old 04-26-2012, 06:42 AM
9,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortytworc View Post
Does Satan win? Has he already won?

This evokes questions like, "Why did Jesus come anyway?" "What good was His sacrifice if Satan has gotten, and will continue to get what he wants?" Don't think people don't think of these things when considering eternity.
Psalm 18:30 - "This God - his way is perfect;the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

God is perfect. God is sovereign. It comes as no surprise to Him who is saved and who is not. He will not be shocked by the number of people in hell and opposed to the number of people in heaven.

The Bible says that the path to hell is "broad" and the path to heaven is "narrow".

How can Satan win when he, himself, is going to burn in hell for all eternity? How can Satan win when he and God are not playing a game? How can Satan win when he and God are not opposites in conflict with one another - no yin or yang - no little devil in red on one shoulder and no little angel in white on the other shoulder? How can Satan win when he cannot compete with God?

God's perfection, worth, and holiness cannot be measured by the number of souls saved. God would be the "winner" even if just one person were to enter heaven.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. That means that Jesus is and was the victorious Son of God before the universe was created. There is no contest here. There is no "winner" with the most points (souls).

The scripture that I cited says that God's ways are perfect. I'm good with that.

As a woman, I'm not saying that I can do it all, have it all, be it all, nor know it all. My goodness, I don't even want it all. I'm not saying that I'm WonderWoman. All I am saying is that no one has ever seen me and WonderWoman in the same room.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett O. View Post
Psalm 18:30 - "This God - his way is perfect;the word of the Lord proves true; he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him."

God is perfect. God is sovereign. It comes as no surprise to Him who is saved and who is not. He will not be shocked by the number of people in hell and opposed to the number of people in heaven.

The Bible says that the path to hell is "broad" and the path to heaven is "narrow".

How can Satan win when he, himself, is going to burn in hell for all eternity? How can Satan win when he and God are not playing a game? How can Satan win when he and God are not opposites in conflict with one another - no yin or yang - no little devil in red on one shoulder and no little angel in white on the other shoulder? How can Satan win when he cannot compete with God?

God's perfection, worth, and holiness cannot be measured by the number of souls saved. God would be the "winner" even if just one person were to enter heaven.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. That means that Jesus is and was the victorious Son of God before the universe was created. There is no contest here. There is no "winner" with the most points (souls).

The scripture that I cited says that God's ways are perfect. I'm good with that.
Amen! I don't think it could've been said any better!

HE now will be perfectly, wholly, completely worshipped by all of creation including us
Forever, and ever, and ever as the Lamb that was slain, Who is worthy of all praise
Old 04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
10,000 Posts Club

God hanging on a Cross, willingly to suufer physically like none other, enduring it for the glory that was to come!

the Glory of the Cross.....

How "so like God", that the instrument seen as certain death/shame, would be turned around to be the sign of Hid glory/power...

satan "won" his defeat and eternal punishment!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

If I was raising cows or dogs and 80% of them had to be destroyed I would conclude that I was in the wrong business.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
10,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwald View Post
If I was raising cows or dogs and 80% of them had to be destroyed I would conclude that I was in the wrong business.
I believe heaven will outnumber hell. Where sin abounded grace did much more abound. The number of infants in heaven alone might outnumber those in hell.
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. - Isa. 8:20

Arminianism is simply a religious expression of Humanism that makes man the captain of his own destiny. If the child of God cannot "will" or "do" anything pleasing to God apart from God working it in him (Philip. 2:13) how in the world does the Arminian think the lost man can?????
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
9,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biblicist View Post
I believe heaven will outnumber hell. Where sin abounded grace did much more abound. The number of infants in heaven alone might outnumber those in hell.
I’m not so sure that this verse you have referenced (Romans 5:20) is quantitative in nature.

Jesus did give some specifics, though. "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Was Jesus giving statistics? I don't know.

As a woman, I'm not saying that I can do it all, have it all, be it all, nor know it all. My goodness, I don't even want it all. I'm not saying that I'm WonderWoman. All I am saying is that no one has ever seen me and WonderWoman in the same room.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
1,000 Posts Club

Reading this thread reminded me of this verse

Quote:
31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches.” - Matthew 13:31-32
Satan would only win if none of God's creation gave him glory, but since Christ loved the elect "while we were still yet sinners" and "humbled himself and became obedient to death, even death on the cross", and that none that the Father has given will be "snatched" out of Christ's hand, then no, Satan has not and will not win.
All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.
Isaiah 40:6-8

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Isaiah 53:11

No Brag - Just Fact
Old 04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
4,000 Posts Club

As to the OP, are you talking about a specific BATTLE, or the WAR; makes a humongous difference in the answer!

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."
Old 04-26-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just-want-peace View Post
As to the OP, are you talking about a specific BATTLE, or the WAR; makes a humongous difference in the answer!
The War. The total of all born up to now.