1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The High Price of Butter (What do you Pay?)

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Sep 2, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I noticed the price of butter is ridiculously high the last time I went to get groceries. I paid $3.98/lb. and this was at Wal-Mart, where they probably buy enough butter to outfit the Chinese army. I would guess it's probably $5.49 at the typical grocery store around here. And I'm in Minneapolis a city in a state that borders America's Dairyland (Wisconsin).

Where do you live and what are you paying for a pound of butter?

I Googled "price of butter increase" and the reason given for the price hike is that there is a shortage of cream. Really?! What--has there been a cow die-off? The reason there is a shortage of cream is being blamed on the increased demand for ice cream. So, you'd figure the price of ice cream has skyrocketed as well, right? Nope. There is a sale on ice cream on a weekly basis. A 1.5 liter scround of ice cream can be had for less than $4.00. Sometimes there are 2 for 1 sales.

#1 InTheLight, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I pay $2.99 for a pound of butter at Holiday gas station. It's cheaper there than at the grocery store.

3. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The world of sauté seems to be swinging back to butter. Churned milk fat has been on the "bad for you" list for many years. Many folk turned to highly processed sugars and carbohydrates while shunning animal fats. Now they are overweight and diabetic.

We recently bought 2# of butter, Great Value brand ,at a Wally Mart in S. Louisiana for $5.39 plus 10% tax. That is kind of $3 per pound.

The organic food label has changed the prices a lot, also the transport costs seem to go up continuously.

Get a pair of Nubian milk goats--get your own milk, cheese and butter. The goats do need a special diet, which is also good for humans.

Butter churns are still available.

Happy churning,

Bro. James