BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist Board.com Archives (read only) > Free-For-All Archives

Free-For-All Archives Free-For-All Discussions Archive - Members Only.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 03-03-2004, 11:25 AM
3,000 Posts Club

Talking

I was doing some studing and read something that I haven't realized before and would like your opinion....where was Adam when Eve ate the fruit? Was he somewhere else in the garden or right there? [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

Ref. Gen.3:6 [img]graemlins/flower.gif[/img]

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Music4Him [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Dr. Bob
When the Bible is silent, we ought to be silent, too! (BTW, that NEVER works for me; I always come up with some opinion!)

Personally think Adam was right there watching and waiting. Eve was deceived; Adam was not.

And Adam was in the transgression.

www.sovereigngracechurch.com
www.grif.net

"Why do bad things happen to good people?
That only happened once, and He volunteered
."
Old 03-03-2004, 02:48 PM
1,000 Posts Club

[img]graemlins/type.gif[/img]

Dr. Bob, if Adam was there watching, why didn't he tell her NO? After all Aren't the men supposed to look out for our welfare?? Especially if they are husband and wife!

My goodness,man started falling down on his job way back then!!!

working for Jesus,

Tam,

[img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

ALL THE TIME!!
Old 03-03-2004, 02:51 PM
1,000 Posts Club

P.S. If adam wasn't deceived, and did it anyway, then he is in worse trouble than Eve!! [img]graemlins/tear.gif[/img] He was [img]graemlins/sleeping_2.gif[/img] on the Job.

ALL THE TIME!!
Old 03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
25,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally posted by music4Him:
I was doing some studing and read something that I haven't realized before and would like your opinion....where was Adam when Eve ate the fruit? Was he somewhere else in the garden or right there?
He was some place else.

Bob
Old 03-03-2004, 10:02 PM

Genesis 3:6 (ESV)
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate.

I think Adam was with Eve the whole time.

Andy
Old 03-03-2004, 10:05 PM
25,000 Posts Club

The reason that Eve is speaking and not Adam (Adam is dead silent if he is there) and the reason that "Eve must GIVE" the fruit to Adam - (instead of Adam taking it).. and the reason that Adam can tell God "EVE gave me the fruit" and the reason that God "Accepts that" instead of whacking Adam on the head saying "hey you saw what was going on why didn't you say or do anything"?

Is because - Adam was not there.

In Christ,

Bob
John 8:32 "The Truth shall make you free"
Old 03-04-2004, 02:50 PM
3,000 Posts Club

Quote:
Originally posted by BobRyan:
The reason that Eve is speaking and not Adam (Adam is dead silent if he is there) and the reason that "Eve must GIVE" the fruit to Adam - (instead of Adam taking it).. and the reason that Adam can tell God "EVE gave me the fruit" and the reason that God "Accepts that" instead of whacking Adam on the head saying "hey you saw what was going on why didn't you say or do anything"?

Is because - Adam was not there.

In Christ,

Bob
Although I used to always belive for a long time that Adam wasn't there. I kinda now do lean towards him being right beside her at the time she ate the fruit after reading Gen.3:6 it seems he was there. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bob why do you think that Adam was not there?

Just another scripture to (somewhat) back up Gen.3:6 read on down a little futher, Gen.3:12 where Adam tells the Lord...The woman that thou gavest (to be )with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

The two words that have the parentheses ( ) were added to the the original text to make more sence to the reader, but in the original text those two words would not have been there. Would it make a difference if those words where left out?
Hummmmmmmm? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Music4Him
Old 03-04-2004, 09:17 PM
25,000 Posts Club

Lets say that Adam was short - and blind and deaf and too young to fully comprehend what goes on around him.

In "that case" he could easily be standing right by Eve - and yet be "clueless". In fact he could then complain "Eve gave me the fruit and I did eat" because in fact - he had no understanding or ability to respond in the entire discussion between the serpent and his WIFE.

And in that case - God would consider his response to make perfect sense as to "how" he got pulled into that sin.

However - the fact that God asks Adam FIRST - AND the fact that Paul says that Adam was NOT deceived but that EVE was deceived - FIRST - shows us clearly that Adam was not there. -- Not there to "be deceived" and not there to claim that "it was the serpent who tricked me".

But EVE could say that the Serpent tricked her - because "she was the one at the tree - talking to the serpent".

In Christ,

Bob
John 8:32 "The Truth shall make you free"
Old 03-04-2004, 11:31 PM
3,000 Posts Club

So Bob are you then saying that Adam had no idea what the fruit looked like?????
I do agree with you that Eve was decived and Adam wasn't, but wonder why Adam wasn't decived?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gen.3:6 KJV
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gen.3:6 NAS
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make {one} wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NLT (New Living Trans)
Gen. 3:6
The woman was convinced. The fruit looked so fresh and delicious, and it would make her so wise! So she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her. Then he ate it, too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Complete Jewish Bible
Gen. 3:6
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it had a pleasing appearance and that the tree was desirable for making one wise, she took some of its fruit and ate. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her; and he ate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Can anyone tell me why these different versions seem to say Adam was there if he wasn't?

Music4Him
1Cor.15:34