BaptistBoard.com  

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container

Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Baptist FELLOWSHIP Forums (Baptist Only) > Baptist History

Baptist History Let's talk about Baptist history

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:24 PM

Default Solid Rock Association

The Solid Rock Association is made up of churches that are called Regular Baptist, that formerly belonged to the Mountain Liberty Association, others churches in that association were community churches of which I do not know their orgin. The leadership and several of the churches left, the ML association, after Mountain Liberty was dropped by the Mountain Association over preaching men that have more than one living wife( otherwise have been divorced and remarried and more than one of their wives are living).These men had been ordained prior to their churches becoming a member church of Mountain Liberty. Brother Elmer took the whole church and these men with it, it started a stir, even with associations that used the innocent party but would not ordain them, it was also told, that these churches felt that Mountain Liberty was moving closer to the churches that had came out of NNS, that were more conservative on these issues, Thorton Union was also in debate over this issue. I think Bro. Daryl Newsome knew this, and felt, that if his churches pulled out, the strife would cease and it did.These churches still preach with other old Regular Baptist, and they seem to take in alot of members from other associations in this situation, I do not agree with the Solid Rocks position on this ,but I do consider many of them as friends,they have not agreed with me on several issues, nor I with them, but we don't fuss over it, we don't correspond. They have ,age of accountabilty as an article of faith, I don't believe God has an age picked out in which he vists somone ,like many say it is 12 y.o. I find no such doctrine under Grace, God vists whoever he wants to when he wants to ,some very young and some like Abraham, who was very old, I believe I was borned in sin, I did not have to step out into it, because it was already in me, although I did understand this until God shined his light. Bro.Slone p.s Good to hear from you Bro.Deel
Old 11-08-2006, 08:18 PM

Default Please Help!!

Okay...I am more than likely in the wrong place but I am looking for some information about a preacher/brother or anyone who can marry my fiance and I. I grew up in the Old Regular Baptist Church and my mother was a member of the Rose Of Sharon Church in Waynesburg Kentucky untill she passed away in March of 2000. I have been looking for a church to attend here in Columbus Ohio but have had no luck finding one. Any help from anyone would be so appreciated and I do apologize for posting this here...but I honestly didn't know any other place to put this.
Thank you, Loria*
Old 11-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Banned

Little Angel
Forest Osborne
2744 S. High St
Columbus, Oh43207
Phone 614-492-9435

The moderator of that church just died. His name was Hiram Adkins. I gave you the clerk's address and phone number. You can call him and get all the information you need.

Good luck to you and congratulations!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Hiram Adkins

Sorry to hear of Brother Hiram Adkins passing, he surley will be missed, I have many memories of him. Brother Grover Adkins and I were good friends, I used to preach in their Union meeting every year there for awhile at Fords Branch and also at Island Creek. One of the oldest Elders in the Old Regulars lives in the Columbus area and he is friends with Brother Forrest. Elder Fred Charles telephone number 614-875-3121 he lives in the Orient area. He enjoys talking about the Bible and he can give you alot of history about the ORB. Bro.Slone
Old 11-09-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

Brother Hiram and I went to Columbus to baptize a woman just before He died and we stayed with I think Brother Fred and his wife. I took part in the first night of Brother Hiram's funeral. Was the biggest crowd with 67 preachers in attendance.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Banned

I think I am wrong where Bro Hiram and I stayed in Columbus after thinking about it. I believe the Brother and Sister we stayed with were the "Browns".
Old 11-10-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Columbus,Ohio

I think New Salem has or had a Church in the Columbus area, Mud River also held house meetings around that area at one time, Brother Luther Ball is not as active as he once was. Sovereign Grace Association will soon have a new website, there is a Brother in the Pellyton,Ky area working on it. He owns Cumberland Books, they are home schooling their children, which I think is much better than having them attending public school, all of us however do not have this option. I currently have two biological children at home and four foster children,the state mandates that the foster children be in the state school system, I work nights at the hospital and it would be almost impossible for me to home school at this time.We did have a private teacher at one time teaching my youngest girls at home but her husband passed away, and she went back north to be near her family.We hope to someday have a school at the church at Blessed Hope, though it would have to function by itself and not as part of the church, but could use the church buildings and grounds. The other churches except Mt.Moriah are large enough for the same, but at this time there are not enough local families to maintain a school.Some of the members and friends that attend our churches homeschool, these families tend to perfer an old fashioned church, with solid christian values. I do believe if the old Regular Baptist Churches are going to grow during this trying time, it will mainly come from men and women who have been called out of darkness,who desire a more conservative lifestyle , living in the world but not part of the world. Brother Slone
Old 11-13-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Sovereign Grace Association of Old Regular Baptist of Jesus Christ

The Sovereign Grace Association of Old Regular Baptist Churches of Jesus Christ will soon have a website, sponsored by Cumberland Books. The website will start out small at first but it is our hope it will grow and provide information,on the doctrine,practice,faith and order of our small churches.The site is to include the weekly services at the Blessed Hope Church, and contain articles that favor our views both current and historical, the historical articles may come from some of the older associations Elders, who advocated free grace, and from other old school baptist that have shared our doctrine,faith and practice.We hope it will be a help to those ,trying to understand our positions. We don't believe that tapes,CD,s etc... should replace anyone from attending a local church, that is sound, but there are many shut ins etc all over the country , who get lonesome to hear at least that old time sound.While the sound can be captured on audio/video I never felt the Spirt could be,thats why it is most important to attend church when at all possible, I do not like to hear myself on tapes etc..... and there are others who are afraid that what they say maybe taken wrong, that is why this site is not for debate, but for educational purposes. I do not know when it will be up and running. I will try to keep you posted, if the entire services are going to be down loaded it may take some time for those on dial up, so they may make the CDs available.Brother Slone
Old 11-13-2006, 06:36 PM

Default New Salem Church in Columbus

I think the New Salem Assn. Church in Columbus was called Mt. Judah, Brother Bob may be able to tell you more. Bro.Slone
Old 11-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned

You are correct old regular.

Mt. Judia
Columbus, Ohio
Clerk Rueben L Gillman
2325 Ashley Dr.
Columbus, Ohio 43224
Phone 614-471-3911

This was the clerk in 2004
I guess he still is.