BaptistBoard.com  
     

Increase font size: 0, 10, 25, 50%
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Left Container Right Container
 
Go Back   BaptistBoard.com > Christian DEBATE Forums (All Christians) > News / Current Events

News / Current Events Stay informed and keep others informed.

Fewer Ads for Registered Users - Register Now!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-12-2008, 04:54 PM
mcdirector's Avatar
mcdirector mcdirector is offline
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 8,246
Default be good for goodness sake

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,450445,00.html
__________________
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NASB) 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Visit my Blog - Jack of All Trades
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Martin's Avatar
Martin Martin is offline
5,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdirector
"Our reason for doing it during the holidays is there are an awful lot of agnostics, atheists and other types of non-theists who feel a little alone during the holidays because of its association with traditional religion."
==Poor things! They need to feel alone. Without God in their lives they truly are.


Quote:
Edwords said the purpose isn't to argue that God doesn't exist or change minds about a deity, although "we are trying to plant a seed of rational thought and critical thinking and questioning in people's minds."
==In other words this person really believes that people who believe in God are not rational people. What a twisted way of thinking! It seems to me that it is rational to believe in a God when one considers the complexity of the universe. I suppose Edwords is one of the people the Bible talks about when it says that "the fool has said in his heart, there is no God" (Ps 14:1, Rom 1:21-23).

Quote:
Best-selling books by authors such as Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens have fueled interest in "the new atheism" — a more in-your-face argument against God's existence.
==In case anyone does not know, in the movie "Expelled" the "intelligent" Richard Dawkins claims that life may have been created and planted on earth by aliens. Don't believe me? Watch the movie. Again a perfect example of what Scripture says when it proclaims that "professing to be wise, they became fools" (Rom 1:22). There is no evidence what-so-ever for the existence of intelligent life on other planets. Maybe it is there, maybe it is not, I don't know. Despite that fact Dawkins makes the claim that humans came from aliens. The evidence of a creator God is all around him. Yet Dawkins so hates God that he will go to any silly extreme to explain away the reality of God.

Tragic.
__________________
“Some people brighten up a room just by leaving it.” -Dr. Adrian Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 PM
mcdirector's Avatar
mcdirector mcdirector is offline
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 8,246
Default

Here's the link to expelled btw . . .

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/
__________________
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NASB) 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Visit my Blog - Jack of All Trades
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2008, 06:34 PM
mcdirector's Avatar
mcdirector mcdirector is offline
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 8,246
Default

Martin, since you brought up Dawkins - here is his response to a college student in when he was asked "what if you are wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7bxbwCtOU

follow up by James White
__________________
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NASB) 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Visit my Blog - Jack of All Trades
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Martin's Avatar
Martin Martin is offline
5,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdirector
Martin, since you brought up Dawkins - here is his response to a college student in when he was asked "what if you are wrong"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj7bxbwCtOU

follow up by James White
==Yea I've seen that video before. Very troubling. It shows how little respect Dawkins has for things he does not understand/believe. I suppose we should not expect more from a man who honestly believes that humans were planted on earth by aliens (a theory for which he has zero evidence).
__________________
“Some people brighten up a room just by leaving it.” -Dr. Adrian Rogers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2008, 11:03 PM
Revmitchell's Avatar
Revmitchell Revmitchell is online now
25,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 28,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusisawesome
I am, but lately I have questioned my faith. I do not see why Christianity is superior to any other religion, and as such, I am questioning it.
What lead you to Christianity in the first place?


Note* Moderators please allow the derail of this thread in this one instance.
__________________
The biggest danger lies with judges who interpret the Constitution as a malleable document that changes with the times, he said.~ Justice Antonin Scalia
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-15-2008, 09:15 AM
rbell's Avatar
rbell rbell is offline
10,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate South Carolina
Posts: 11,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusisawesome
I am, but lately I have questioned my faith. I do not see why Christianity is superior to any other religion, and as such, I am questioning it.
One good starting point: in every other religion, man has to work his way to God. In Christianity, God has come to man.
__________________
"Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your backside tomorrow."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-15-2008, 09:39 AM
webdog's Avatar
webdog webdog is offline
20,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 24,623
Default

Quote:
Although the galactic sperm theory is just as viable as creation.
You need more faith believing this tripe than a supreme creator.

I find it ironic that darwinians are now backing off of evolution and pointing to a greater intelligence. Instead of pointing to God...they are pointing to intelligence on other planets. Who put that intelligence there? They say darwinianism started there...but no proof whatsoever...just empty faith.
__________________
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.”

"Let us reason together" says the Lord.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 AM
webdog's Avatar
webdog webdog is offline
20,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 24,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusisawesome
I am, but lately I have questioned my faith. I do not see why Christianity is superior to any other religion, and as such, I am questioning it.
If you don't see it as superior, I wouldn't be so comfortable you are a christian.

Based on your profile the suspicions of having an ulterior motive here on the BB have arised.
__________________
“Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.”

"Let us reason together" says the Lord.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-15-2008, 10:30 AM
mcdirector's Avatar
mcdirector mcdirector is offline
8,000 Posts Club
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The South
Posts: 8,246
Default

Well, this little conversation has made me think that I need to change how I pray for this campaign.

Since all things are possible, it is indeed possible that God can use this campaign meant to pull people away from Him toward Him. That will be my prayer.
__________________
Ephesians 2:8-10 (NASB) 8For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Visit my Blog - Jack of All Trades

Last edited by mcdirector; 11-15-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:08 PM.


The Fundamental Top 500   The Best Baptist Web Sites at Baptist411.com  
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Style Copyright: Wrestling Clique Wrestling Forum
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
 
 

Web Hosting for BaptistBoard.com is provided by BaptistHost.net