1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Continuing Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Darrell C, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not really a matter of fast thinking, my views are the result of years of contemplation in regards to the Gospel. Many of which are rejected on a regular basis by most I share them with. For example, if I told you Peter was not a Christian until Pentecost, that would likely evoke incredulity, because we understand Peter to be a man of faith used of Christ during the Lord's Ministry. But, when we consider that the Gospel of Christ was a Mystery not revealed in prior Ages, and we understand that men cannot be born again apart from the Gospel, it makes us pause to consider what it means to be a Christian.

Another issue that raises contention would be the matter of Regeneration itself. I take the position that Regeneration does not occur in the Old Testament, primarily because Regeneration is a result of the Work of Christ. We see clearly that Christ teaches that the Comforter cannot come until after He returns to Heaven, and we see that the Promised Spirit comes on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 1:4-5).

Sometimes when we consider the questions we haven't asked ourselves before we can begin to open up the context of the New Testament. There are numerous questions that challenge our views and force us to study those issues. I feel the Lord challenged me some years ago, when after telling someone they needed to be born again the Lord asked me...what does that mean? I and I had to say...I didn't know. And it struck me, here I am telling people they need to be born again...and I don't even know what that means! Some will say I still don't, lol, but, that's what we are here for. To challenge each other and hopefully...motivate people to get into the Word of God. Sometimes when we seek to justify a position the Lord will give us our best lessons. I've found that to be very true for myself.

Have a great time visiting, and look forward to discussion, MJ.

God bless.