1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Sola Scriptura: week-day-1 vs Bible Sabbath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan:
    your ability to "quote you" remains at full strength. No one has questioned it. By contrast this thread is about "Sola scriptura" testing of a specific doctrine.

In the face of real <argument>, DHK will say, <<No argument>>; and in the absence of real <<personal attacks>>, DHK will say, <<therefore personal attacks>>.

<Argument> or 'discussion' simply becomes impossible.

DHK, would that you used the same kind of 'argument' and 'logic' when arguing the Sabbath isn't in Scriptures like, "HE WHO SAID "do not commit adultery" - ALSO SAID - "Do not murder" James 2 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments" 1 John 5:3".

After all it is the same and only God who claimed and clearly declared "the day The Seventh Day is Sabbath OF THE LORD ... GOD."

... of the LORD _your_ God --- OR NO?!

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    BobRyan:
    Ex 20
    "8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work,
    10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath of the Lord your God; ...
    11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

"From Sabbath to Sabbath shall ALL MANKIND come before Me to worship" Is 66:23
    "The Sabbath was MADE for MANKIND" Mark 2:27

I see you, DHK, <<just pretend>>. I see <<what real hypocrisy is>>.

But that is just one small part of it. Not you DHK or BRyan SEE the "labour on the Sabbath" is NONE of MAN'S business; it is GOD'S!

Neither of you SEE "but the seventh day _is :_ Sabbath of the Lord God" ---'is' not man's day or time or doing!

Neither of you SEE, "in SIX days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, but the Seventh Day GOD, RESTED"! Neither of you SEE "But GOD, on the day The Seventh Day RESTED".

Neither of you SEE, "THEREFORE the LORD, blessed the Sabbath Day and made it holy"--- NONE OF MAN'S BUSINESS; all because the LORD on the Seventh Day RESTED!!

Neither of you SEE that "because the SON OF MAN---CHRIST---IS LORD of the Sabbath THEREFORE the Sabbath was made for mankind".

Are you both equally BLIND ... or just <pretending>?!

#182 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [QUOTE="DHK, post: 2233426, member: 691]
    I do deal with the scriptures honestly. Here is what they teach.
    God no more teaches a believer to keep the sabbath Day than he teaches a donkey to keep the sabbath day.[/QUOTE]

Let is stand as it is for a witness ... AGAINST you.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If all Baptists and their respective Confessions of Faith agreed, then there would only be one Confession of Faith wouldn't there? But as it is there are dozens of them! Why? Because Baptists disagree on many things. Thus when you say that my stance is against ALL Baptist Confessions, you are wrong. You simply are not acquainted with them all! Do you claim omniscience GE?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who are you to misinterpret what Jesus said. Paul correctly says that the law was nailed to the cross. Obviously then the Sabbath is done away with. The sabbath is only a shadow of that which was to come. Now that Christ is come, the shadow (Sabbath) is no more. These elementary truths are plain for all to see, all that read the Bible that is.

Colossians 2:14 having blotted out the handwriting in the ordinances that is against us, that was contrary to us, and he hath taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross;
    --This includes the Sabbath.

Colossians 2:16, 17 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths, which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;
    --Shadows pass away. From where I am presently sitting I don't see mine. Like Christ I don't exist as a shadow, and I rejoice in that. Are you a shadow GE? Is Christ a shadow in your Christian life?
    Then the Sabbath has ceased.

What offerings do you offer on the Sabbath that you would not offer on another day?
    If the Sabbath is for rest, do you work all the other days without rest?
    What kind of rest did God have?
    Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
    --This is speaking of The Tribulation yet to come. Jesus is addressing the Jews, who still worship on the Sabbath to this day. It is not "non-existent" as you wrongly affirm. He tells them to pray or hope that their flight (from the coming Antichrist) will not be on the Sabbath Day (which according to the law, has a travel restriction because it is a day of rest).

You err GE. Even Jesus teaches that this day is reserved for the Jews.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Are you my judge?
    Colossians 2:16 Let no one, then, judge you in eating or in drinking, or in respect of a feast, or of a new moon, or of sabbaths,
    17 which are a shadow of the coming things, and the body is of the Christ;

In this matter God has already declared no man shall judge me. God has already declared that the Sabbath is only a shadow. If you don't accept this truth, it is you that is in the wrong.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It's a universal fact all Baptists Confessions on the issue of the perpetual obligation for Christians of the Fourth Commandment and its Sabbath Day are essentially in agreement. There are no exceptions to this matter of course a priori principle of said Confessions except, perhaps, your own. AND YOU KNOW IT, DHK!

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And you misinterpret what I wrote, never mind said.

Maybe very, very long ago something of what I wrote could per chance have been misinterpreted in the way you have done here. But misinterpreted never mind misquoted like you are doing here, won't be possible from anything I have written for the past ten, twenty years including my current writing or it will have to be done in a false way.

Because what you say Paul correctly says is exactly what I am saying and have been saying in this running thread.

Which confirms what I say about you and BobRyan that you two do not SEE the different Sabbaths, that you both see only the old while you both ... THE ONE LIKE THE OTHER ... DENY THE NEW (but still pose / feign a fight).

#188 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 7, 2016
  9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    . . . just have been trying to give you sound advice, old friend.

And ja, God has already declared that the Sabbath is only a shadow, which I have all along accepted, but you obviously do not accept as a PRESENT TRUTH. Colossians 2 is speaking of the latter Sabbath---of the PRESENT TRUTH "Sabbaths'-Feast-of-Christ-the-Substance-of"---no longer feast of the creation-Sabbath or feast of the exodus-Sabbath. Exactly!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    . . . just have been trying to give you sound advice, old friend.

And ja, God has already declared that the Sabbath is only a shadow, which I have all along accepted, but you obviously do not accept as a PRESENT TRUTH. Colossians 2 is speaking of the latter Sabbath---of the PRESENT TRUTH "Sabbaths'-Feast-of-Christ-the-Substance-of"---no longer feast of the creation-Sabbath or feast of the exodus-Sabbath. Exactly!

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    <<What offerings do you offer on the Sabbath that you would not offer on another day?>>

None so pertinently as the offer of thankfulness for Jesus’ Resurrection from the dead and Promise and Guarantee of the Resurrection of LIFE to his Elect.

<<If the Sabbath is for rest, do you work all the other days without rest?>>

If the Sabbath is for believers’ rest---which of course it is---it is for “Sabbaths’-Feast-of-Christ-the-Substance ... for the People of God”.
    If the Sabbath is for God’s Rest---that’s what Christ utilized it for to rise from the dead.

<<do you work all the other days without rest?>>

That is irrelevant, meaningless and useless information for this or any other discussion.

<<What kind of rest did God have?>>

The <<kind of rest>> the only Rest God ever rested in Christ Jesus’ Resurrection from the dead on the Sabbath Day---the kind of rest “GOD, by the all-surpassing greatness of his power WORKED AND FINISHED / WROUGHT WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD … the kind of rest "GOD the Seventh Day RESTED”. (Not rested ‘from’, but resting, did.)

#191 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 7, 2016
  12. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

Some time after 8pm Pacific time this thread will be closed.

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are wrong GE.
    Neither are you omniscient, as you are inferring. You don't have all the confessions, cannot obtain all the confessions, have not read all the confessions, and will never have access to them all. Thus you speak out of your own lack of knowledge.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then why are you disagreeing with me? Perhaps just to be disagreeable??

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I never said any thing contrary. There is no present command to keep the sabbath today. The sabbath today is simply a shadow.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.