1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trump's qualifications!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 10, 2016.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What kind of "principle" results in Hilary being President?

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm 99.99 % sure my state will go to Trump so you can't blame me. Besides either way a dem is going to be in the whitehouse. There is no Republican on the ticket, and i have no obligations to vote for Trump.

3. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Did you check this out?
    http://castle2016.com/issues/

4. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Godly Principles seeking a candidate who honors God is a lot better than a puppet of the establishment like Trump.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if enough people think like you your state will go to Hilary. And over the next 8 years she will appoint 5 Supreme Court Justices which will move this country sharply to the left for the next 25 years. And that will be a disaster.

Trump would have been my last choice of the republican slate, but as the presumptive nominee we either get behind him or we give the country to Hilary. :(

6. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be that as it may, I am convinced that Trump is more dangerous than Clinton. Besides I think Trumps SCJ nominee would be just as left leaning considering he is also a democrat. He is not even shy about talking about destroying the 1st amendment. Trump supporters have to own what they have created. I said long ago that a vote for Trump in the primary was a vote for Clinton in the General. I will feel no guilt for what happens in November.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No judgement against you 318, just a warning to everyone (including myself) to consider the consequences of our choices.

This year we are over the proverbial barrel 318.

No matter what I personally do my conscience will probably complain.

So I am (and have been) praying for the Lord's intervention (my apologies to ultra-calvinists).

If therefore Cruz or Kasich make it to the general election then I will reconsider hoping against hope to topple Billary.

However it might be His will to teach us a collective lesson.

What might that be? : consider Hillary's choice of liberal, progressive judges on the SCOTUS and its impact on this society in which we our children and grandchildren live.

Jude 1:7.

HankD

9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Hankd check this guy out http://castle2016.com/issues/

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong.

I voted for Rubio in the Minnesota primary. Therefore, I voted AGAINST Trump. I want to vote against Trump again, but I would never vote for Hillary. Since other voters have elevated Trump to the GOP candidate, my only option is to abstain from voting, vote third party, or write in a candidate's name.

If I don't vote for anyone, I can't be held responsible for the result. Furthermore, I'm in Minnesota, which is going to go Democrat no matter who is running.

11. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree we are over a barrel, which is why I will no longer do the same thing that put us in this position. I voted for the GOP nominee in both 2008 and 2012 even though I thought they were just democrat lites. Now I'm being asked to vote for a straight democrate in the hopes of preventing a Democrat from winning but I won't do it. Since there is no Republican on the ticket I will write one in. There is no way I will ever vote for a democrat or a Democrat.

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Cruz or Kasich get on the ticket I don't consider a vote for either of them a "write-in" or a "third-candidate" vote.
    They have both been publicly vetted by the debates and the news media.

However the chance of either of them winning the general election would need to be heavily reconsidered on my part.

Just an addendum.
    If we have prayed and made a decision after a sincere and spiritual pursuit of the Lord's will then He will no doubt hold us blameless.

What more could we do?

HankD

13. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

http://castle2016.com/issues/ Look into this guy

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK I truly respect your opinion brother, its just not mine ITL.

I believe in acquiescence on the part of the children of God - if we do nothing in a given bad situation then we are partially responsible (which responsibility I have failed on occasion).

BTW, I'm still not 100% convinced in my own heart what to do this election and my belief has me in a quandary.

HankD

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has made claim to a pro-life anti-abortion stance
    The same argument was made against Reagan claiming that he couldn't be trusted "once a democrat always a democrat"...

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He praises planned parenthood on live TV. That is not pro life. Besides he talks out of both sides of his mouth.
    The difference between Reagan and Trump is Reagan spoke out against big government for many many years before running for president. Trump is actively campaigning for bigger government and the destruction of the Constitution to cheering crowds. He is no Reagan. Trump is a statest liberal democrat and he will never get my vote.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

My problem with Trump centers around his personality and his love for money. HE is truly one of those who believe that he is better because of his wealth. It's led him to believe he can do or say whatever he wants.

It's a dangerous thing to give someone ,,who already has the power that comes with billions of dollars, more power.

He doesn't think he needs God's forgiveness. And that's as far as I need go in considering him to be even dog catcher.

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has yet to prove himself of being a Reagan.

But Reagan just as Trump had a very liberal past with a trail of legislation to prove it.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/02/05/142288/reagan-centennial/

It doesn't take much research to prove more of Reagan's liberalism of his early years.

Don't get me wrong 318, I voted for Reagan after his political "conversion".

I took him at his word which I may very well do for Trump.

BTW 318, It works both ways. Billary was at one time a very hawkish Republican - she campaigned for Barry Goldwater as a "Goldwater Girl".

HankD

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am aware of her past as a Goldwater girl. But Trump's is right now campaigning as a liberal. He praised planned parenthood, he accused Bush of lying about Iraq and 9-11, he talks about destroying the 1st amendment he is now talking about raising taxes. He even openly admits he is not a conservative so again I see no reason to vote for a democrat just to prevent a Democrat from getting in office. They are the same with one exception, one is openly talks about ruling as a demigod whole the other at least tries to hide it from her supporters. Not to mention the enthusiasm gap between their supporters. His supporters scare more then she ever has. So no I will not vote for him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, let's see. Ronald Reagan's record:

As a "CONSERVATIVE" REPUBLICAN Governor Reagan was pro-gay-rights. He vigorously opposed the 1978 Briggs initiative (Proposition 6), which would have banned homosexuals from teaching in public schools. (He was Governor from 1967-1975)

He was pro-abortion. Six months into his term as a "CONSERVATIVE" REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR, he signed the Therapeutic Abortion Act, which led to a rise in abortions in California from 518 a year to an average of 100,000 during his last two years in office.

As "CONSERVATIVE" REPUBLICAN Governor of California, he signed into law one of the worst gun control laws in the country, the Mulford Act.

He was pro-tax. He raised taxes more than $1 billion during his term as a "CONSERVATIVE" REPUBLICAN governor.

He was pro-illegal immigration. He signed the Immigration Reform and Control Act while the "CONSERVATIVE" REPUBLICAN president, which led to a rise in illegal immigration.

Facts are such pesky things! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: