1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Biden - It's not Easter! It's Transgender Day!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rockytopva, Mar 31, 2024.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anybody for ditching the ambiguous "Easter" and going with "Resurrection Day?" Easter is the KJV miss-translation of a word meaning "Passover" referring to the sacrifice (for Christians, the Passover Lamb of God) peace offering. See Acts of the Apostles 12:4

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is sad that we have a Transgender Day of Visibility.

To be fair to Biden, March 31 was the Transgender Day of Visibility when Trump was POTUS as well (it has been for over a decade). But Biden made a proclamation (he has since 2021).

It just shows how our nation has declined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah. I'm fine with Easter. It worked for my parents, my grandparents, their parents, and their parents . . . And we all knew what we were talking about.

We're sharp that way. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MMDAN

MMDAN New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To make matters even worse, Kamala Harris on Saturday, fired off a tweet attacking Trump for choosing Supreme Court justices that overturned Roe v Wade. Harris’ Easter weekend message: Bring back abortion on demand. Instead of honoring transgenders and promoting abortion, both Biden and Harris should have been celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Our nation has declined indeed! :(

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but the problem is with making disciples in all nations. We need to de-encrypt our gospel.

I am for ditching the ambiguous "Easter" and going with "Resurrection Day?" Easter is the KJV miss-translation of a word meaning "Passover" referring to the sacrifice (for Christians, the Passover Lamb of God) peace offering. See Acts of the Apostles 12:4

• Like Like x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt saying "Easter" or "Resurrection Day" will have anything to do with making disciples.

• Like Like x 1
  8. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For true Christians we know what the meaning of Easter really is, for all others its just a hunt for hidden colored rabbit eggs for the kiddies, even if its on, what is now deemed transgender day... And I don't worship at the White House!... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

I just get tired of "Christian Political Correctness".

When I was a kid we had "Halloween" at the church. It was a lock in, and they had games, (and a haunted house....nit so scary, though). We had Bible study and worship.

And before Christmas we had a children's party with the pastor dressed as Santa. And we had Bible study and worship.

On Easter we had an egg hunt. And Bible study and worship.

The secular evils never crossed our mind. It was a part of the culture, I suppose. But the church used those events to reach us. And I was saved in that environment.

It wasn't that Halloween, the Easter Bunny and Santa were a big deal. We knew it was just a kids game of sorts.

But today churches make that stuff a big deal by implementing legalism.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Funny Easter story -

My wife worked at a church preschool. One day around Easter the children's pastor was screaming at a teacher and threatening to fire her.

The reason was a picture a kid had drawn of a bunny and placed on the wall.

Turns out the kid had drawn a dinosaur (guess he wasn't a good artist).

I say "funny", but it wasn't.

The church went to great lengths not to be associated with anything remotely cultural. For the Fall Festival all candy donated had to be Halloween free (no pumpkins, no Halloween colors, etc).

The picture was just fitting because it exposed the spirit of the person as well as the legalism involved.

If the child had drawn a rabbit at Easter it wouldn't have been an excuse to be unkind.

11. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not. Resurrection Day begs for explanation, who, what happened, and why is this historical fact important to celebrate?

12. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I thought Biden said the Monday after Easter Sunday was the Transgender Day of Recognition....

I know he can't truly say that about Sunday because while he has the Freedom of Speech, the First Amendment say that the government cannot restrict nor promote a specific religion.....