1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He Arose!

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Jerome, Mar 31, 2024.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    and told Mary Magdalene: "Go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charles Spurgeon:

"It was a dark day for the disciples when Christ was crucified...Where was Peter? Where was James? Philip, and Andrew, and Nathanael, where were they? I do not know, but I know where Magdalene was...by her Lord, glad to confess a persecuted Christ. Here is the test of true love. To follow Christ in peaceful times is easy, but to follow hard after him when he is despised and rejected of men—here is the pinch. Ah, some of you young people profess to be Christians when you are with Christian people, but will you bear it when your companions sneer at you....Can you follow your Lord? Can you follow your Lord when the many turn aside?"

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Charles Spurgeon:

"We find Mary...at the sepulchre, viewing the place where the body was laid....She was first at the sepulchre, and was the first to whom Christ appeared....I feel it no small privilege to be the means of bearing God’s message to this congregation....But what an honor to have a message to the apostles! Oh, the power of grace! Mary, once a demoniac, becomes a preacher to preachers!...Did ever man preach....a more weighty text than this Magdalene had to handle— 'I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God'? Angels told of the incarnation, but Magdalene told of the ascension."

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just finished a book recently called "Who Moved The Stone by Frank Morison, what makes the book interesting, it is the Resurrection from the perspective of the Women... If you don't have it, I recommend it... Brother Glen:)