1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Primitive Baptist? How do you see 'salvation', as related to you?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alan Gross, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is 'salvation' something you say that you now have?

You obtained 'salvation' at some point?

Does this include waiting to see at the Judgment and seeing then about you being saved for sure?

Or do you have Full Assurance of Eternal Salvation, now?

Was there a time when you felt that you weren't Elect?

Then is there a time when you did see yourself as Elect?

How did that come about, if so?

Do you know?

Dependence Upon the Covenant of Grace ?

#1 Alan Gross, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all let me answer as I am 3rd generation that I know of Primitive Baptist and there have been none on here who are like me... The reason I say that, if you talk to those who are Primitive Baptist on here most of them came out of another belief... I was born in mine... I grew up in church, in fact at the age of 12 I helped my Dad lay tile on the new building we dedicated in 1958... I joined at the age of 22 after returning from Vietnam in 1968... I stood next to my Dad and led hymns acapella for 35 years, took over when my Dad passed in 1992... I was the last remaining member in the church at the age of 57 when the church closed it doors... The closest church to ours was over 100 miles away... It was not feasible as my wife of 30 years just passed away and I was the guardian of my 23 year old disabled son and had to find a home for him... As I took a new Christian wife in 2004, and by God's design found him a new home, where he has been happy since I placed him in 2004... I joined her Christian church and kept my Primitive Baptist roots and never believed anything else... But before I say anything let me make this disclaimer... This is my belief and of the church and the Primitive Baptist, I grew up with and know now... That is now over 64 years since I first joined but believing didn't make me a child of God... Like I've been saying on here since I've been here, I had no say so in my natural and I had no say so my spiritual birth either... When did I obtain Salvation?... To have Salvation you have to be born again and did the Lord tell Nicodemus, he needed to born again or how it was done?... Nicodemus was a born again law keeper, he didn't understand the true grace of God... Your Eternal Salvation is in God's hands not yours... Jesus Christ WILL save ALL his Father gave him and not lose a one... All are saved by God's Grace and Mercy alone... That we didn't deserve!

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

As far as Judgement is concerned, if you are talking about Eternal Judgement... Jesus Christ took your Judgement on his cross... The sins you commit in the future are already paid for but the sins you commit here, you will pay for them here as God has passed all Judgement to his Son... The Bible NEVER teaches doubled Jeopardy... Why would you be charged with your sins Jesus paid for?... Like I heard some tell me, well if I believe the way you do I would have my fill of sin, I'm going to Heaven anyway... I tell them go ahead but you are bought with a price... The Lord owns you and if he desire he can put you through a living hell before you get there... I have full assurance because my Eternal salvation is in what Jesus Christ did as my substitute, Its not what I do that takes me to Heaven it what he did alone.

Election?... Not a few... A unnumbered multitude... Put there by the Son, for what he alone has done, in counsel of the Godhead... Out of every kindred, tongue, people and nation on the face of this earth... Past, present and future... As far as your last question... The Child Of God is in a constant battle, sometimes we do good, sometimes we fall miserably and we have doubts and we leave the Lord sometimes but he NEVER leaves us... I will leave everyone with this... Talking to my wife the other day, I asked her... Do you ever remember the time you didn't believe in God?... She said at the age of 79, I can't remember I time when I didn't... I said me neither!... In closing I say this, God is LOVE!... If a man has agape LOVE in him where did he get it?

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Alan you just got Primitive Baptist belief in a nutshell... Brother Glen:)

Matthew 19:25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless you brother… you keep teaching and reinforcing with scripture… I can get behind that and feel the spirit dwelling within me… that’s grace and love. Thanks for being there! Bless both you and Your lovely wife Pam.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW Glen… Elder Montgomery wrote a book called, Primitive Baptists for Dummies. So being a dummy, I started reading the damn thing and honestly Montgomery is a funny and he doesn’t like grits. Imagine being southern born and not liking grits!

Anyway that book blended humor with real practical Bible with explanation why PB’s believe the way they do. I wish now that I had access to it… because it was then on line, I availed myself to it. Not there now though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am saved now, the moment I was born again by the word of God, and the Spirit of God, by faith in Jesus Christ, when I received Him as my Lord and Saviour.

9. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your order is correct.
    God spoke His Word into you, making you alive with Christ (born again).
    You exhibited faith, which is the effect of God's word being spoken.
    God became your Lord and Savior.

Your post above may be the first time you expressed the biblical order of salvation. It's a start.

10. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe in the Two Seed Doctrine?

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When was that?

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what words were used to encourage you?

13. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is the way we see and experienced Salvation,
    so I was wondering how they get there,
    since Primitive Baptists are very strong Against Preaching the Gospel.

7. We believe that God’s elect shall be called, regenerated and sanctified by the Holy Spirit. By "called" the scriptures are referring to the direct impartation of spiritual life by God apart from the aid of preachers, bibles, tracts, or any other indirect means. All such means may be profitable to a child of God, but they all presume a living subject in order to be beneficial. (John 5:25, Titus 3:5)

theearstohear: Primitive Baptist Articles of Faith Commentary

For example, their supporting text
    for not preaching the Word to the lost is Titus 3:5;
    "Not by works of righteousness which we have done,
    but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,
    and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

We say, in Titus 1:1 "Paul, a servant of God,
    and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect,
    and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 "In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie,
    promised before the world began;

3 "But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching,
    which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God
    our Saviour;"

They say Jesus calls them, Himself.

"3. Regeneration, New Birth, Being Born Again:

"These different terms define what happens
    when God quickens one of his children into eternal life.

"We believe this is done by the life-giving voice of Jesus Christ
    and is always effectual and irresistible on the part of the individual.

"This is done separate and apart from the preaching of the gospel
    and without any aid of man."

(John 3:6-8, John 5:25, John 6:37, Romans 8:30,
    Ephesians 2:1, 2nd Timothy 1:9)

About Primitive Baptists - Bethel Primitive Baptist Church

So, I was wondering about that.

Like, what does that mean/ what actually happens then, at that time?

Does "the Voice of Jesus Christ" say words?

What did He say?

Do you have a lost person, who hasn't been taught about Jesus
    or the Elect just say, "Jesus just called me?

I now know I'm the Elect?

I believe in something I'd never heard of and am born again?

14. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO!... I know what it is and it is Heresy... There are always factions in a group that go there own way and we let them!... Do you?... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  15. MrW

MrW Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Half century ago.

• Winner Winner x 1