1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Planning to Announce Independent Run

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Sep 29, 2023.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "2024 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. plans to announce he will run as an independent on October 9 in Pennsylvania, Mediaite has learned.

Kennedy’s campaign machine is now planning “attack ads” against the Democratic National Committee in order to “pave the way” for his announcement in Philadelphia about running as an independent, according to a text reviewed by Mediaite.

“Bobby feels that the DNC is changing the rules to exclude his candidacy so an independent run is the only way to go,” a Kennedy campaign insider told Mediaite."

- more at EXCLUSIVE: Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Planning Independent Run (mediaite.com)

2. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wished we could vote Independent or I do. Really having two parties only to vote doesn't seem fair.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why cant you ??

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the Democrats think RFK Jr threatens their hold on power, Bobby's boy will be stopped by Mr. Biden's thugs.

5. Christina1

Christina1 Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I might vote for him. I like the work Kennedy has done standing up to the covid hysteria. Raising awareness on vaccines. Meanwhile, Trump can't even admit he was wrong. We'll see who the Libertarians, Greens, and Constitution Parties come up with. I'm definitely not voting for the two-party system anymore.

6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God bless America for all the different parties we can vote for.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a BIG problem for Donald Trump. The anti-vaxxers will be sorely tempted to vote for Kennedy instead of Trump. Otherwise, very few persons opposed to Trumpism would vote for Kennedy. Steve Bannon will regret hyping up Kennedy as a candidate for President.

Kennedy has no real appeal to Democrats. Antivaxxers tend not to be Democrats.

8. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting points. Not sure he hurts DT more than Biden, though. About 2/3 of Dems want someone else. Kennedy has the name recognition, he has the Camelot legacy.

I don’t agree that “very few” persons opposed to DT would vote for Kennedy.

I’m still waiting for the first few primaries. If Kennedy waits until after SC, he might pull off a big upset in the Dem primaries.

peace to you

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most voters want alternatives to Biden and Trump. For the Democrats, there are few good choices who have stepped forward. Most Democrats consider Biden's first term to be an objective success. For the Republican Party, there is no realistic candidate who is not under the influence of Donald Trump, so the Republicans seem to be stuck with him.

I think you are overselling him. RFK has been dead for 55 years and Ted Kennedy only degraded the "Camelot" mythos.

I have a long record of being correct in my political predictions, but I don't know the future. We will see. I didn't imagine that there would have been enough people to put Trump in office in 2016, so I have been wrong once within the last 10 years.

I sincerely doubt it. The right-wing spin machine has been hyping Kennedy as a serious contender to Biden, but I have seen absolutely not interest in him within the real world -- except for anti-vaxxers who have previously been steadfastly MAGA.

10. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Agree… most voters (overall) want different candidates for both parties, though DT is running 50+ % with repubs

2. Maybe overestimating RFK, but not over estimating the desire among Dems for someone else. We will see

3. I appreciate a man of humility when it comes to political predictions. You got DT wrong in 2016. That was a very big “wrong”. Looks like you don’t really understand DT and his supporters.

4. RFK’s poll numbers were 15-18% at one time. That is fairly significant real world numbers for someone challenging an incumbent, imo.

Oh, 2024 is going to be so much FUN!!!!!

peace to you

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not get Donald Trump "wrong," except to have a higher view of his character than he deserved.

I was wrong in terms of how many people would vote for him. I didn't think that many people would ignore the clear and present danger of a Donald Trump presidency.

No, I think I do understand Donald Trump and, especially, his supporters.

I grew up with right-wing populism in Southeast Texas (intense MAGA country) and understand the sociological, religious, media, and political influences that all played into Trump barely winning election (although not a majority of the votes). I have had many constructive conversations with more MAGA zealots than anyone else and understand the worldview.

One can completely someone and not agree with them. That's where I stand with the MAGA folks.

12. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you got DT wrong. Just admit you don’t understand DT or his supporters.

If you did understand them, you wouldn’t call them “zealots”. That language demonstrates bias based on ignorance.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be a lie. I don't lie to people to "get along."

Sound like you don't know the meaning of the word, zealot.

The word does not necessarily have negative connotations. If you reread what I actually wrote you should see it:

I have had many constructive conversations with more MAGA zealots than anyone else and understand the worldview.

I make a distinction between MAGA zealots (persons who wear MAGA gear and make their identity about Trump) and less zealous supporters. And I stated that I have had numerous CONSTRUCTIVE CONVERSATIONS with those MAGA zealots, so it shouldn't be taken as a negative unless you are just looking for an angle for a personal attack.

14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, when you use the word “zealot” to describe “MAGA” supporters of DT, you don’t mean it in a negative way? Really??

BTW, have you ever used the word “zealot” to describe folks that support little children attending drag shows? Have you ever used the word “zealot” to describe folks that demand we force our daughters to share bathrooms and locker rooms with mentally ill boys that think they are women?

I just don’t remember you using the term zealot for anyone other than DT supporters.

Yeah, bias based in ignorance. You don’t understand DT or his supporters. It’s OK, most liberals don’t have a clue about DT or his supporters they just run of pure hatred, based on bias, based on ignorance.

peace to you

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

Do you realize that I am a flesh and blood person who spends very little of his life in this forum? Most of my communication with others is NOT on social media or online. It is weird how you think that your limited communication with me give you anywhere near a complete picture of who I am or the range and use of my vocabulary. You need to realize that whatever impression you have of me is largely one of your imagination. Maybe that's why you are frequently so negative toward me. You have developed a false caricature of me and you attack based on that...

I have used the word "zealot" to describe myself on occasion: (1) As a zealot for spiritual formation. (2) Also as a zealot for the promotion of the TexJoy brand of seasonings.

Case in point. Do you know me in the real world? If you don't you are only making a guess based on your imagination (based on ignorance).

That's an attack based on pure ignorance and the way you view others. You (and others here) assume that everyone is is motivated by hatred because that's what the right-ring media MAGA culture tells you. You are telling much more about yourself than you are saying about me.

You can't accept that I have had numerous constructive conversations with MAGA diehards and that I understand where they are coming from. That messes up the image you need to have of me, so you attack.

That's a pathetic state of affairs.

#15 Baptist Believer, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, just to be clear… have you ever used the word “zealot” to refer to people who force our girls to share bathrooms and locker rooms with mentally ill boys that think they are girls?

BTW, I do realize you were a real flesh and blood person though I have no idea of what you are like except from what you post on this forum.

Based on what you have posted in this forum, I believe you are a committed Christian with ample knowledge of scripture and a desire for the Lord’s work.

I also believe you to lean toward liberal views (biblically, socially, and politically) and have demonstrated an inability to understand DT or his supporters.

You have also shown, imo, a tolerance for (and sometimes outright support) for indoctrination of our children into radical trans ideology and radical liberal ideology, the former grooming our children for sexual exploitation and the latter teaching our children to hate our country and judge everyone by their race.

BTW, I did not say I didn’t accept you have had numerous conversations with MAGA supporters, but I will clarify that I do believe it, have no doubt it has happened and will probably continue to happen

I will also say I don’t believe you understand them or DT in spite of the many conversations which is likely the result of your blinding bias toward DT which is on display ever time you post.

For someone that I have come to believe does a good job of accurately stating the oppositions point of view (even when you disagree), I am amazed at your lack of ability to do so when it comes to DT.

peace to you

17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It matters not how many conversations one has with people of whom one disagrees. That is not evidence that one understands them. The evidence of how well one understands them is how one describes them and or accuses them have having specific motives or thoughts. Regardless of how many conversations one has if the accusations are off base or completely wrong then that is the evidence of a lack of understanding.

Any time pejorative descriptions are used to describe the thoughts or motives of those with whom we disagree with it will likely be incorrect. When we have to use multiple posts to defend the use of our pejoratives then that displays a sense of hate of those with whom one disagrees with. It will certainly be viewed as such at a minimum.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its unprecedented that the biden admin has refused to allow secret service protection for Kennedy. Pure evil

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1