1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Technology in God's Kingdom

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Guido, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though looking forward to living in the Kingdom of Christ, I hope that technology will exist there, as I would not like to cease computer programming upon entering eternity. Also, I've found it difficult to maintain interest in programming stuff over the past several years, and hope that in God's kingdom, I will be able to do programming without those problems.

Do you think there will be technology in God's kingdom?
    Will we have computers?
    Will we create software?

Or will God just destroy all of mankind's inventions and assign us to cultivate plants?

2. Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin

Bible Thumpin n Gun Totin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An observation from another programmer - I'm of the opinion that DNA is God's version of "computer programming". Animal instinct like birds migrating each year and finding their way to the exact same spot is baffling. Not only that, but God's programming has 0 bugs. You or I code something and there's always going to be bugs in it. God programs some DNA and there are no bugs. I.E a fish doesn't spontaneous combust, there are defined physical limits God places on the world that cannot be breached.

I don't know if we'll have computers or software, and as a farmer I'm also good cultivating plants, but I'd like to see how God coded the DNA for all these different species. He even has multi-use "packages" if you think about how many different species share certain amounts of DNA.

3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suspect it would be so much better than that. What we think of as technology now, would be in the New Heaven and New Earth as if having no technology now.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm looking forward to seeing the Lord my Righteousness and spending eternity with Him. I don't know what else will be involved in the new heavens and new earth other than it will be where righteousness dwells. Even if there is nothing of what I am familiar with on this earth, I am quite certain that God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit will be more than enough.

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ??? Looking forward? The kingdom of Christ is NOW. While you're living, breathing, thinking, eating, sleeping, whether you're programming or not programming. Go there: 2 Peter 1:2-11,

• Like Like x 1
  6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No
    No
    No
    Yes
    No

peace to you

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, NOW! God's elect, when He regenerates them, are immediately in Christ's kingdom.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.

8. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Full updating upon arrival
    • Glitches have already been removed
    • Completely connected to the Creator
    • No dead zones or down time
    • Total antivirus protection
    Rob

• Like Like x 1
  9. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you need tech there?

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 2:9, ". . . But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. . . ."