1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Best kept Secret on Planet Earth.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alan Gross, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Best kept Secret on Planet Earth is that Jesus is the Savior and that "He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them." Hebrews 7:25.

An individual may know that they have Eternal Life;

I John 5:13 says; "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

And it is by the means of preaching the message of the Gospel that God saves souls;

Romans 1:16; "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth..."

Of His Own will, God gives His children the New Birth by using His Word;

James 1:18a; "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth,..."

The Gospel that God uses from His Word as the power of God unto salvation is defined, here;

I Corinthians 15:1-4; "Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 "By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye I'm in vain.

3 "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Again, souls that are Born Again are Born Again to Eternal Salvation by God using His Word;

I Peter 1:23; "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever."

When God uses His Word to have the Gospel preached, and saves a soul by The New Birth, He grants the souls He saves faith, by giving them the Spiritual ability to hear His Word;

Romans 10:17; "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

Salvation is totally given by grace to the soul God saves and gives faith;

Ephesians 2:8; "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:"

9; "Not of works, lest any man should boast."

This lost soul God saves was previously dead, with no Spiritual life, or ability, or 'spark' of any kind and was Totally Depraved

and it is God Who must bring new life to that dead soul, by quickening it in The New Birth and Regenerating it through the power of the Holy Spirit;

Ephesians 2:1, 4-5; "And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;"

4 "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)"

We can see from the above passages that Jesus is the Savior, Who finds lost sinners dead in their trespasses and sins and quickens them, or makes them alive, Eternally, by giving them the New Birth.

The New Birth of Eternal Salvation Regenerates their soul by the power of the Holy Spirit.

And the Holy Spirit operates by the means and instrumentality of the incorruptible Word of God through the preaching of the "power of God unto salvation", the Gospel, which is I Corinthians 15:3b, 4; "how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 "And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

I Corinthians 15:1, 2; says the Gospel is that "by which also ye are saved";

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 "By which also ye are saved,"

That, my friends, is the One Way of Eternal Salvation through the blood and Work of Jesus Christ, Who came to die, be buried, and rise again, with the power of Life over death, to provide forgiveness for His children as their Savior.

Who knows that?

What number of people in professing Christianity know that?

Does anyone? Do all kinds of people all over know that?

Who?

Who has absolute assurance of their Eternal Destiny, "seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them."

A lot? Many people you know?

Or could it be;
    The Best kept Secret on Planet Earth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...if only you could keep your posts concise and to the point instead of these shotgun blasts of C&P.

3. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everyone cares for the Gospel, the least little bit.

The only thing c&ped were the scriptures, of which make up the overwhelming bulk of the post, in purple, so you can read just them if it is not too much for you.

Not everyone cares for scripture, the least little bit.

Click on my name and see the blue 'ignore' button, if the prospect of my supposed c&p Shotgun blasts are the source for you of too much forum thread discomfort.

A concise enough for God for me to Worship Him, IMHO, and a directly on point presentation of the Best kept Secret on Planet Earth was not intended to harm anyone, but God still triggered you by grazing you with His Shotgun blast, didn't He?

Not mine.

Have a nice day here in KY and thank you very much.

You can even comment on the title or OP, if you'd like.

If you're going to suggest I not preach the Gospel, don't bother bringing your guns to town, because that split between you and I happened between our forefathers, generations back, before either of us were born, in the early 1800's.

It's a dead issue.

Thanks again.

Your input is always a light in the lightbulb of my life.

Powerful comment.

I appreciate you sharing it with us.

What more can I say?

A little lite-reading for you, KY.

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to Mark Twain, the best kept secret is one you know, and you never tell anyone else. That means Jesus is NOT the best kept secret, as millions have heard He is the savior.

Does James 1:18 say we were brought forth by the message of truth, i.e the information of the gospel, or were we brought forth by Logos, the Second Person of the Trinity?

Does scripture lead the lost to Christ, or does scripture cause us to be born anew?

Are we born again in the same way, or are we born anew in a different way?

Another secret among some is that the "gift of faith" is a fiction.

We are saved by grace through faith, not saved by grace and given faith.

Many of the spiritually "dead" seek the narrow way that leads to life.

Another secret among some is that spiritually dead people seek God some of the time.

5. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Corinthians 4:3, ". . . if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: . . ."

Every one is not yet saved.

Matthew 24:14, ". . . And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. . . ."

#6 37818, Aug 16, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can sheep be lost?... Brother Glen:)

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it written, Jeremiah 50:6, ". . . My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace. . . ."

Or Isaiah 53:6, ". . . All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. . . ."

And then, Luke 15:4, ". . . What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? . . ."

The sheep or goats are so named at the end of the age in their Judgement, Matthew 25:31-32, ". . . When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: . . ."

So, 1 Corinthians 4:5, ". . . Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: . . ."

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    15 I myself will be the shepherd of my sheep, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord Jehovah.
    16 I will seek that which was lost, and will bring back that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but the fat and the strong I will destroy; I will feed them in justice. Ezek 34

24 But he answered and said, I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd layeth down his life for the sheep.
    14 I am the good shepherd; and I know mine own, and mine own know me, Jn 10

10. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    A couple of Administrators have provoked me unto love and good works, about the number of posts of mine that are looong.

Not breaking any board rules, but they are on it in case it bothers anyone else.

So, the 'Gross rule', so far, is one said he would edit them down himself, if I posted so much material from certain guys (although I posted the meat portions, they do have bones you don't want to eat).

Thus, before that rule is expanded and might mess up others who have huge posts with fantastic content (even if I don't agree with it, it makes you think), if will go ahead and do it, I said I would try to link references to extensive c&p secondary source material to my blog site, if needed, and I still want to comment on it further there.

Fair?

I'm a long winded Baptist preacher who has taken every advantage of the privilege to post Baptist material to a Baptist Board Forum.

Not trying to Lord it over on other posters.

11. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alan... Unless your KJV bleeds blood its still a secret!... I'm strict KJV and mine doesn't but its great instruction for this child of God... The Living Gospel of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the only one that bleeds blood... All are saved by The Mercy of God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ not merit... Brother Glen:)

12. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    You bring up a good question. Do you need to actually see the Bible dripping with the blood of Jesus for the Holy Spirit to administer it's efficacy to a lost soul, when accompanying the message of Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, in the quickening of the New Birth?

That's the question.

I say that as long as the one who sees His blood on the recipient, is the Death Angel, their good.

Jesus is the Savior. Yes, there is no philosophy of both Jesus and the Bible being required to bleed blood.

The Word is simply His Words being preached out in the calling of the lost sinner, with the Gospel message of Jesus' shed blood, that are made effectual by the Witness and Generating Power of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 55:11;

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth:
    it shall not return unto me void,
    but it shall accomplish that which I please,
    and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

II Thessalonians 2:13, 14;

13 "But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you,
    brethren beloved of the Lord,
    because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation
    through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 "Whereunto he called you by our gospel,
    to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ."

God choose you from the beginning of Eternity Past, to eventually bring you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth, and the preaching of the Gospel, for you to then be as James says, "the firstfruits of his creation".

James 1:18;

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth,
    that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."

Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost, so His Eternally chosen sheep are not saved, or justified, or adopted from Eternity Past, to have people wait around to see if they feel and act like they must have been a part of the Elect, but not really know until they are judged, in the afterlife.

You must be born again, at His appointed time, through sanctification setting your soul apart to God, by His quickening Power and giving belief in the Gospel message of Eternal Truth and Life.

Jesus' Words are Life.

John 6:63;

"It is the spirit that quickeneth;
    the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you,
    they are spirit, and they are life."

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus' blood was for His body on the cross for the price he was to receive for us for and before His resurrected body, as it is written, 1 Corinthians 15:50, ". . . flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. . . ."

• Agree Agree x 1